Any Lovecraft fans played this one?

peppergomez

2[H]4U
Currently playing an indie RPG called Stygian Reign of the Old Ones and really enjoying it. For fans of Lovecraft, Cthulhu, and eldritch 1920s horror, I highly recommend it. The art style, writing, and RPG elements are all very well done.

I have heard about the game leading up to release, but it didn't sound like the kind of game I'd enjoy. For Lovecraft fans I highly recommend Conarium if you haven't played that one yet. It's based on "At the Mountains of Madness."

PS did you play The Sinking City? I didn't buy it when it came out and have since read about its legal troubles.

Sinking City isn't bad. If you've enjoyed the Sherlock Holmes games by the same developer you'd enjoy sinking city. It has problems, but it's really not too bad.

Of course, the best lovecraft game is call of cthulhu dark corners of the earth. I really wish they'd remake that game with modern visuals.

The newer Call of Cthulhu that is loosely based on the tabletop RPG is pretty good, too.

Yeah I bought that las year and will play it after I finish Stygian. Might buy Sinking City but I would buy it from Frogwares for the complete version if so, and its $50 which is more than I usually spend on a game.

There's another Lovecraft game called Arkham Horror Mothers Embrace on Steam but I havent tried it.

Yep that is the game I posted about in the first place. IMO its very good.
I know, you just posted it without links to the game itself so I wanted to provide them. The title kind of encourage a general Lovecraftian game discussion, so I wanted to bring it back.

Back