Any love for the 3070?

Westwood

[H]F Junkie
Been rocking a 1060 6GB for about a year now. Bought it off a user here. Held up just fine. No qualms. Most games I play are maxed or just about maxed settings. Then again, I am at 1080@60hz. I'm thinking with a 3070 I'll step up to a 1440@144.

I see the release date is set for 10/15. Wonder if it'll have the same shortage as the 3080 and 3090?

Yes it will.
Honestly it might not. People that want a 3070 are people that are not willing to pay for top performance. Will scalpers buy them up? Sure but I see the. Getting stuck with them cause there is not much room between a 3070 and 3080.

Most likely similar shortage. It's a lower end card that more people can actually afford (and/or are willing to pay). There may be a few more cards available for it, but the demand is likely to be pretty high as well. We won't know if it'll have the same shortages (it's a slightly cut down version, so a lot of can't make 3080/3090 dies may be fine for 3070's).

I think they're planning to make a whole lot more 3070s. And I'd expect local stores to carry them.

Best buy usually carries a few of the affordable nvidia gpus. I'd expect 3060s and 3070s at the larger stores.
645645.png

...welllll

Yeah if 3080's and 3090's are selling out within a matter of seconds I expect the 3070, a $400 video card that outperforms a 2080 to result in outright riots. I don't think Nvidia could make/ship enough of these things that they wouldn't sell out in 5 seconds. Not only are the POS scalpers gonna be ready with their new and improved bots but legit consumers will be spamming the refresh button all day long as well. I've kinda given up on upgrading my video card at all this year. Maybe there will be a little better supply of them after New Years.

Meh, I'm in not hurry anyways.

Figures. Reloading and video games. The two things that its next to impossible to get the components I need. XD

Lol I can't hate. Would love to live far the fuck away fr people.

It has its benefits, but its a ton of work. I'm running the tractor everyday. Split wood once a week. Driveway gets to be a pain. Constantly clearing trees.

Hoping that they stock the 3070 well but with current events, I doubt it. Unfortunate too, since my buddy's build is currently in limbo until we can get him one of the 3000 series cards.

Ironically I have a complete system sitting in my closet right now. Complete except for the video card. I think that I will try to pick up a 3070 and finish the thing.

3070 is over priced.6900xt performs better.more memory.I’ll leave it at that.Value is in the eye of beholder.

I'm pretty convinced the 3070 and 3060, when it's purchasable, will be selling like hotcakes. I've REALLY enjoyed the extra features RTX has enabled such as RTX Voice. It's not for everyone but for my group of friends who are all twitch streamers, Nvidia cards are just incredible for both Nvenc and the rtx features along with the general rasterization performance.

Back