Any Lan parties or PC gamers in Ohio?

neokeelo

[H]ard|Gawd
I just moved to Findlay Ohio and am looking for anyone that might hose LAN parties or have any events that involve PC gaming. Anyone?

If you're willing to drive down to louisville you can check out Million Man Lan and Lan War.

Sorry to bump a thread from a couple weeks ago, but if anyone wants to get something together, I'm in Akron and I would love to see something get going.

Marysville...I thought about posting a thread about hitting up a lan party in ohio a long time ago, never did though.

I might be able to hook up a place with my church. They have tables, chairs, parking, and a big space and all...I just dont know... :eek:

I would make the trip if you wanted to organize something. I know a few other members on here that are local to me that I could drag along too.

Cool. I'll look into it.

Weekends are probably the best time for you guys?

Last edited:
I'm in Ohio and might be interested. I need to practice...

Yeah I think it would be good to do it on a Friday night into Saturday. That way we can all have Sunday to recover :p. I'm in if you get a location and everything together though.

Cincinnati here. I'd be down, depending on the games.

I play CS:S, bad company 2, UT2004, UT3, Supreme Commander, Supcom Forged Alliance, and random other assorted classic lan games.

I was thinking some TF2 also? Definitely the list computerpro3 threw out would be good. Don't have BC2 though, so I would be sitting that out.

So if everyone could let me know...

How many people would come and you think might come

How much space you'll need (Eyefinity, external wc, big cases, etc)

Depending on how many people are planning to come...if you could bring a switch, and possibly a extension cord or two

Also, it will be in the gym of my church, so I was thinking of a $5-10 entrance fee for food/pop, and the rest we would give to the church as thanks...? Comments?

Is this for fun or for a prize or something?

First time planning something bigger like this, so bare with me. Probably be easiest if you guys shot me a PM with the info, or maybe I'll just make a facebook page.

Thanks,

KI

You can count me in, and I'll probably bring at least 3 people from the Akron area down with me. We all have smallish setups, so just room enough for our towers, 20"-25" monitors (1 each person). I can bring a couple of 50ft cables and a 16port 100mb switch. I think just doing it for fun would be enough. Or we could make it interesting and divide up into teams for the games (no prizes, just bragging rights :D)

I think we can all bring $10 and use that to order a bunch of pizza and whatever anyone else wants to eat.

I'm in. I'd like to know what we might be playing first though. I might need to buy the games...

I'll probably just bring my MBP, mouse, and 100ft ethernet cable. $10 is fine.

Hmm... Marysville is about 25mi away from me...not bad.

I might try and make the drive, as I said im in Findlay. Do you have a internet connection there? What speed? Most new games do not support LAN only play nowadays right? I have the following games installed.

Battlefield Bad Company 2
TF2
Grid
Quake Live
UT3 and UT2004 ( 2k4 is much better and my fav game of all time)
Crisis Wars
Boarderlands ( only played for 30 mins though)

Hmmm...What about trackmania? I have GRID, Dirt 1/2 as well.

I'm not sure about the internet connection.

Most of the games mentioned so far will work with LAN as far as I know. With the exception of quakelive. As far as Steam goes, all we would need is the game server client download things, correct?

I can install the dedicated TF2 server application on my server and bring it down with me. I don't have much experience running game servers but I don't envision it being too difficult doing it just over LAN.

Thats cool. I also have a machine that I can load all the servers onto, then we can just connect that way. It's a Pentium D 2.8 with 2gigs of ram, so it should be able to handle them.

So with everyone's game suggestions together we are looking at,

• Battlefield Bad Company 2
  • TF2
  • Grid
  • Quake Live (not sure about this one).
  • UT3
  • UT2004
  • Crisis Wars
  • CS:S
  • Dirt 1/2
  • Boarderlands
  • Supreme Commander
  • Supcom Forged Alliance

I have all of those expect for the last 4, so I'll be sitting those out. For once I wish I bought them during the during the Steam Deal. :(

I would also like to throw out,

• Age of Empires 2
  • Age of Mythology
  • Demigod
  • World In Conflict
  • Stronghold Crusaders

All work without Internet.

I haven't been able to call about using the gym yet, I will tomorrow after work.

~ I'm going to try to get it for next week Friday/Saturday. July 16th and 17th This is an overnighter, correct?

Thanks everyone, hopefully this will work out. I'm excited. :D

I would TOTALLY be down for AOE 3. Don't have 2.

By the way though, bad company 2 doesn't work on LAN I think, which is a real shame. Could be wrong.

I talked to some of my people here that would be coming with me, and they wanted to know if you would be able to maybe schedule it for an early August date? There's a couple schedule conflicts in the coming weeks, so with the advanced warning of an early August date, they would be able to clear their schedules.

As for the server thing, yeah, yours would be better. Mine is a socket A Athlon with 1gb of ram. Haha.

I talked to some of my people here that would be coming with me, and they wanted to know if you would be able to maybe schedule it for an early August date? There's a couple schedule conflicts in the coming weeks, so with the advanced warning of an early August date, they would be able to clear their schedules.

As for the server thing, yeah, yours would be better. Mine is a socket A Athlon with 1gb of ram. Haha.

Ok early August it is.

Here is a page I made, probably won't help any, but all the info and such is on there. Hopefully keep everything organized. Join it if you like.

i am from toledo, i might go to this, never been to a lan party, seems fun,

Not to be negative at all, but if you could secure an internet connection at the event, you will have a much better turnout I think.

Not to be negative at all, but if you could secure an internet connection at the event, you will have a much better turnout I think.

Yeah, the internet would be really key. Especially when people are going to be on different patches, etc. LAN's don't really work well without one.

Missing the point of a LAN guys :p hehe.

Seriously though, I'll look into it. Honestly I'm not sure how well it would be given it's a church's gym...

If it's in July, I won't be able to make it. I have a prior commitment to attend that goes from the 26th through the 2nd. How about this. Since it's hard to plan something on such short notice...let's start planning this for a much later date. That way we can all be sure we pick a date that works for everyone. I would say look as far forward as November/December, maybe later. If we're gonna do this, lets make sure we do it right. That will also give me more time to recruit people from the area to come. With that much advanced warning, I could get many more people to attend.

Back