Any kinda config with Xbox 360 BC games?

My friend let me borrow Darkwatch for xbox and we wanted to see what it looked like on the 360.. If I put the game in my xbox, it's 480i (stupid devs didnt make it 480p), but it's at least in 16:9 on my HDTV. When I put it in the 360, it doesnt display in widescreen, it's showing 4:3 with black bars on either side. Doesn't the xbox 360 upscale to 720p? Anyone know of a way to get this to work, cause these bars are ugly as hell.

Hmm.. I just did some digging on the BC FAQ and found this:

Q: Some games have black boxes on either side when I play in widescreen 16:9 resolution. Can I stretch them to fit my screen?

A: Yes. Set your Xbox 360 to use 480p. Please see this KB article for additional details.

I guess I must have missed it. Oh well, i'm gonna go give it a try

I had the same problem. Couldnt understand it. Its such a pain to have to switch between display modes just to fill the screen. Why microsoft cant add an option to stretch the screen i dont know. Be a lot better if they had an option in the display config that is something like 'Stretch 4:3 to fill screen? yes/no'

How hard could it be. Wont cause much performance hit since widescreen games run fine.

Here's hoping

Skirrow said:
Be a lot better if they had an option in the display config that is something like 'Stretch 4:3 to fill screen? yes/no'

How hard could it be. Wont cause much performance hit since widescreen games run fine.

Here's hoping

I'm hoping they do the same thing as well. Switching between 480p and 720p is bothersome when you have to do it frequently. I just want to put my game in and play.

Back