Any interest in PicoPSU based Mini-ITX case?

Is the cost in the OP accurate? I'm contemplating redoing my Lian Li PC-Q09 rig and this case does seem to fit the bill quite nicely.

Is the cost in the OP accurate? I'm contemplating redoing my Lian Li PC-Q09 rig and this case does seem to fit the bill quite nicely.

Yes, fairly accurate (I'm planning on $95 CAD). That includes the case, power switch, and fasteners.

If everything looks okay with the new brackets, I'm hoping to be able to take orders the second week in August.

I've been wiring up the power switches, which has turned out to be a very time consuming process. I think they're turning out nicely though. The wires are about 38 mm (15 inches) in length, and should reach any m/b header location with the wires routed behind the motherboard.

9575558617_b57cc43399_b.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up the finished parts, and new brackets today. Powder coated parts look great! The black is very nice, and the white is super bright! New brackets also fit my Corsair SSD perfectly now. I'm going to start contacting and taking orders from those who have already expressed a desire to purchase a case, and who are on my mailing list. Afterwards I'll open it up to anyone.

Sorry for the poor iPhone photos. Hopefully I'll have some time to take some high quality photos soon. :)

9575554553_6a1f2c9145_b.jpg

White:
9575553773_1768b6dced_b.jpg

Last edited:
Post some shots with everything installed!! :) I'd like to see how much room is left in there. I need to find a spot to install some USB ports.

Sweet, just made payment for a white one. Going to be my new linux box. Wonder what it would look like with an 80mm dual radiator strapped to the top?

I'm glad to see another Linux user buy one!

I just upgraded to Mint 15 KDE and I am very impressed with its performance on a dual-core Athlon system. I guess thats pretty much a newb version but I am pretty new to using Linux as a daily driver. My past experience has all been with using customized kernels optimized for folding. I'm trying to learn some more and it will help to have a nice little rig with some better hardware to make me want to use my investment.

I've launched a basic website, and will try to get more photos and info up over time: loneindustries.com

A number of cases have shipped now, so hopefully in a week or so we'll start to get some feedback. :)

I just upgraded to Mint 15 KDE and I am very impressed with its performance on a dual-core Athlon system. I guess thats pretty much a newb version but I am pretty new to using Linux as a daily driver. My past experience has all been with using customized kernels optimized for folding. I'm trying to learn some more and it will help to have a nice little rig with some better hardware to make me want to use my investment.

I've never tried Mint, but it looks nice. I had used FreeBSD for a long time, then did the whole Apple thing, and have now been using Arch Linux for a couple years with a basic Openbox setup. Arch Linux was a natural fit for me coming from FreeBSD. Linux works great for my full-time job, but when I realized I was going to have to do the CAD work for this case myself, I broke down and setup dual booting with Windows 8. :)

I wish I needed a case like this, because it's really awesome. Great work.

Then again, I don't really let "need" into the equations that often :D

I've got a couple slightly blemished white cases, if anyone's interested in one at a reduced price. Both blemishes are at the rear of the case. One has a tweaked mounting tab, the other some scuffs, and small chips.

Last edited:
Post some shots with everything installed!! :) I'd like to see how much room is left in there. I need to find a spot to install some USB ports.

I spent some time today swapping my main computer parts into a black case for myself. I'm happy with how easy it is to work on the case, but you may want to wait for other people's opinions. Not really related to the case, but one area that could really use some work is the PicoPSU wiring. I think it needs some custom wiring and/or sleeving.

P.S. I seem to have lost that fourth Noctua silicon grommet! :(

9578347134_b5dd932a8c_b.jpg

9575550717_5eb47612dc_b.jpg

9575552171_40e3360a58_b.jpg

Last edited:
Whats the pricing on the blemished cases? I might need one to cut up ;)

Can it fit the AXP-100?
I know the motherboard can but if the case also supports it you could have much better cooling using thermalright's 140mm fan.

Alright I think I'm hooked. Should be ordering at the end of this week.

btw what CPU are you using on your build and how are your temps with that little Noctua cooler?

Can it fit the AXP-100?
I know the motherboard can but if the case also supports it you could have much better cooling using thermalright's 140mm fan.

The AXP-100 will fit using the included 100x100x14mm fan. With my Big Shuriken 2 there's 16 mm clearance, so a 25 mm thick fan would fit, but only have about 4 mm of breathing room. If enough people (ideally 10-20) were interested in a vented side panel, I'd offer one.

Last edited:
Alright I think I'm hooked. Should be ordering at the end of this week.

btw what CPU are you using on your build and how are your temps with that little Noctua cooler?

That'd be great! I'm using an Intel Core i3 3225. Are you looking for idle and normal use temps, or stress test temps?

Kind of anything. Idle temps, working temps would be good. Anything you do to stress your CPU would be great too. Thanks!

Kind of anything. Idle temps, working temps would be good. Anything you do to stress your CPU would be great too. Thanks!

Here's a few numbers using Linux monitoring sensors, with a room temp of 22 C. I'm using the shorter case feet of the two styles I'm currently including with the case. I guarantee some air is being sucked in via the unused fan vent. Fan config is as shown in last photos, with the addition of a low noise adapter which I can't live without. :)

IDLE (with music playing):

fan1: 1190 RPM
fan2: 974 RPM
temp1: 42 C
temp2: 25 C

STRESS (using stress --cpu 2) for 10 minutes:

fan1: 1658 RPM
fan2: 988 RPM
temp1: 47 C
temp2: 48 C

Hope this helps. Let me know if you'd like any other numbers, or results from other programs.

Thanks! That's really helpful, looks like that little cooler can keep up quite well.

Would anyone prefer a single drive bracket instead of the dual bracket I'm currently including? I imagine it'd be purely for aesthetics, or for a little more room for whatever.

My case is currently waiting for me at the local FedEx. Can't wait to grab it after work and get my stuff installed!! I'll post before and after temps once I've swapped my components over (they are currently in my ITX7).

EDIT: lone, I just saw that you are thinking about offering a vented side panel. Would be perfect in this thing. Is it something that you might sell separately? If so, estimated cost??

My case is currently waiting for me at the local FedEx. Can't wait to grab it after work and get my stuff installed!! I'll post before and after temps once I've swapped my components over (they are currently in my ITX7).

I can't wait also! Let me know how the packaging held up. It's nothing fancy, but hopefully it gets the job done. I figured it's what inside that counts anyway! :D

EDIT: lone, I just saw that you are thinking about offering a vented side panel. Would be perfect in this thing. Is it something that you might sell separately? If so, estimated cost??

I would be interested in a vented side panel.

I'll have to draw it up before knowing an exact price, but off the top of my head I would guess about $15-20 CAD for a vented side panel. One of the hard parts with a side vent is that the CPU position varies in all directions depending on motherboard manufacturer and model. I may be able to design it offset, so that you can rotate the side panel to change the alignment (the side panel can be rotated 180 degrees).

Last edited:
I can't wait also! Let me know how the packaging held up. It's nothing fancy, but hopefully it gets the job done. I figured it's what inside that counts anyway! :D

I'll have to draw it up before knowing an exact price, but off the top of my head I would guess about $15-20 CAD for a vented side panel. One of the hard parts with a side vent is that the CPU position varies in all directions depending on motherboard manufacturer and model. I may be able to design it offset, so that you can rotate the side panel to change the alignment (the side panel can be rotated 180 degrees).

Why not make a 120mm vent dead center with mounting holes?

Received my case today. Impressed by how light it is, and the finish is very good. Here is a quick pic of it. It looks extremely tiny next to my 350D.

DSC02900.jpg

Received my case today. Impressed by how light it is, and the finish is very good. Here is a quick pic of it. It looks extremely tiny next to my 350D.

Looks great! Glad it arrived safely. :)

(Note: The extra white bracket was a first revision, that was too narrow for Corsair SSDs. I've only been including them with the first orders from forum members who expressed interest from the beginning).

Last edited:
Back