Any interest in a PC desk case (microATX)? Prototypes/details inside!

Shazim

n00b
[Thread removed, reposting with appropriate title and new design direction]

Last edited:
Looks interesting and takes me back a bit. Reading the title I was initially expecting something like the l3p desk or Red Harbinger Cross. This is more of an updated "deskTOP" enclosure that can sit on top of any desk?

It is definitely in your best interest to support at a minimum ATX boards IMHO. "E-ATX gaming" size boards (1" more in dimension) would be my preference personally. I wouldn't worry about XL-ATX or bigger since those aren't popular.

If you can get this made for under $300 or closer to $200 like the NCASE then I think you may be in good shape. Aluminum is expensive so I am not sure how realistic that is.

This is more of an updated "deskTOP" enclosure that can sit on top of any desk?

Yep, that is pretty much the idea we are aiming for.

It is definitely in your best interest to support at a minimum ATX boards IMHO. "E-ATX gaming" size boards (1" more in dimension) would be my preference personally. I wouldn't worry about XL-ATX or bigger since those aren't popular.

Yep this is something we definitely want to work on, and kind of get community feedback on how updated design would look.

Thanks for your feedback, very helpful :)

Ultimately I want this to be a flexible case as possible, without too much sacrifice on design.

If you can get this made for under $300 or closer to $200 like the NCASE then I think you may be in good shape. Aluminum is expensive so I am not sure how realistic that is.

That is generally the price range we have had in mind. Ideally we would like the case to be aluminium, but we have yet to explore other options.

Nice design, need some 5.25" slots though, maybe 2? From what I've seen with your design it looks like you want people to use a slim drive. Limited options with slim drives.

Slide out mobo tray would be nice.

Last edited:
Back