Any info on next titles for GTA4?

Aelfgeft

2[H]4U
I've played most of the way through the game, and it has occurred to me that, spacewise and storywise, GTA4 is roughly equivalent to GTA3. While it's pretty much guaranteed, is there any info on what's next for the new engine, meaning sequels like Vice City and San Andreas were?

Well the Xbox 360 version is getting exclusive downloadable episodic content, but I don't know if they've even given a date for the first one yet.

Most of those games took a while, so it'll probably be awhile.
San Andreas was too recent to revisit, ditto for Vice City.
If anything I'm hoping for New Orleans + Houston, Seattle/Portland, or New England. Those are really the only places left in the US that have a unique cuture and wouldn't be too similar to Cali/NYC/Miami. I mean, Chicago, Philly, Cleveland, Phoenix, etc. are large cities...but they're not going to be worlds different from what's been covered.
Either that or just scrap metro areas and just connect different cities around the word via a system of airport hubs.

I heard GTA5 most likely be in London, but that's not really confirmed, and probably wont be for another year.

A London GTA would be pretty badass. I really dig the architecture there and if modeled right can look really good in a GTA game.

I wonder when they'll starting using Asian cities for GTA. Maybe after the good European ones have been used up?

I think the issue with going outside of the US is that a good chunk of the humor in the game is completely lost. Hell, you'll end up with most everything ending up flat out racist if they aren't careful.

I think the issue with going outside of the US is that a good chunk of the humor in the game is completely lost. Hell, you'll end up with most everything ending up flat out racist if they aren't careful.

Isn't that the point though. They are just pushing the envelope. It already gets plenty of press from sex, drugs, drunk driving, and violence.

Isn't that the point though. They are just pushing the envelope. It already gets plenty of press from sex, drugs, drunk driving, and violence.

I know, I just sense that when you market other cultures to the US audience and you try to push the envelope...it just gets simplistically offensive. Not even creative, just one bad stereotype after another.

and the language barrier would be kinda shitty...everyone talking in chinnese or somthing..

i speak spanish..so mexico city or rio de jeniero or buenos aires would be cool for me...

....but most people who play dont..

and the language barrier would be kinda shitty...everyone talking in chinnese or somthing..

i speak spanish..so mexico city or rio de jeniero or buenos aires would be cool for me...

....but most people who play dont..

The people of Rio de Janeiro speak Portugese, not Spanish.

You guys know there was already a GTA set in London right? It was from the old top down system, London 1969 I think was the title.

Maybe they will do another period type game, similar to how VC was set in the 80s.

You guys know there was already a GTA set in London right? It was from the old top down system, London 1969 I think was the title.

Maybe they will do another period type game, similar to how VC was set in the 80s.

Hippy GTA FTW

I figure that the next GTA game will be GTA (city). I don't see GTA 5 coming until the next graphics engine upgrade on the ps4/xbox 720/Jaguar 512.

Yup - the next one won't be a new engine, but just an updated version of the GTA4 engine in a new locale.
Right now it's just a matter of where.

I'd love a snow type setting like fargo or somewhere in alaska - I want to drive a big snow plow into people, burying them in mountains of snow and watch red slowly trickle out... or simply build snow balls and push them down hills into passing cars/people/etc... tons of fun stuff to do with snow and ice, I think! Of course, driving would be more challanging

Most of those games took a while, so it'll probably be awhile.
San Andreas was too recent to revisit, ditto for Vice City.
If anything I'm hoping for New Orleans + Houston, Seattle/Portland, or New England. Those are really the only places left in the US that have a unique cuture and wouldn't be too similar to Cali/NYC/Miami. I mean, Chicago, Philly, Cleveland, Phoenix, etc. are large cities...but they're not going to be worlds different from what's been covered.
Either that or just scrap metro areas and just connect different cities around the word via a system of airport hubs.

If you do Houston or Phoenix have of the "civilians" would be shooting back at you.

The point is not many other nations would provide such a good source of outlandish humour. The extremities of the US are what are preyed upon in GTA games, from WKTT to PLR, from the gun culture to the disgustingly poor-handling cars. It's all a big piss-take, and doing it in other countries would provide fewer opportunities for satire.

That, and even if they did set it elsewhere and play on that location's culture, the majority of it would be lost on US players anyway.

Back