Any ideas why this processor might keep crashing?

Korgun

Supreme [H]ardness
So I got this processor on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6775012460&fromMakeTrack=true for my brother.

I installed it in his shuttle and it recognized fine and booted with no problems. Later on he complained about games crashing. At first I thought ti might be video card drivers so after trying 3 drivers and no change in crashing I decided to take it off, clean it put some AS5 on it and powered it up again and incase it was heat rated i put a faster fan in there and in the bios set it to fastest and yet it still crashes. So I put in his old 2500+ in there and no problems for the last few hours.

I e-mailed the guy to ask for an exchange a few days ago but no response yet... and now I see he said item must be returned within 3 days and whats worse is "Only DOA merchandise will be exchanged." while this isn't dead it seems to be defective... hmm I wonder what kind of policy paypal has on this type of stuff..

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
A defective product should be exchanged as DOA, regardless. If you don't get a reply within 3 days or so, you might consider opening a dispute through eBay and PayPal.

Korgun said:
So I got this processor on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6775012460&fromMakeTrack=true for my brother.

I installed it in his shuttle and it recognized fine and booted with no problems. Later on he complained about games crashing. At first I thought ti might be video card drivers so after trying 3 drivers and no change in crashing I decided to take it off, clean it put some AS5 on it and powered it up again and incase it was heat rated i put a faster fan in there and in the bios set it to fastest and yet it still crashes. So I put in his old 2500+ in there and no problems for the last few hours.

I e-mailed the guy to ask for an exchange a few days ago but no response yet... and now I see he said item must be returned within 3 days and whats worse is "Only DOA merchandise will be exchanged." while this isn't dead it seems to be defective... hmm I wonder what kind of policy paypal has on this type of stuff..
#1 mistake...bought on ebay..

Now I'm not rag'n on ebay but...

I'm a mod over at the corporate amd processor forum, and we;ve seen nothing but junk & fake processors latelly, especially the higher end ones from ebay showing up...

Can you scan the cpu and post a link to a high res image online, photobucket etc...

What we've been seeing is reconfigured mobiles sold as 3200+'s...maybe this one is, maybe it isn't...but it helps to rule it out.

MD

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I thought of that too I just wasn't sure so I didn't want to make claims like that just yet.

I had a fs/ft thread where one of the items I looked for was a 3000+ but no one seemed to have it and so i went to ebay as a last resort.

I'll take pics and post em later on tonight

I just checked when I e-mailed him and it was on the 14th. Since today is the 17th and he still hasn't responded I decided to file a complaint with paypal and minutes after the paypal dispute opening he offers a partial refund of $0.01 with no explanation.

Hmm I'm starting to not like this...

Back