Any i7 3930k owners out there?

jimthebob

Gawd
Debating picking up one of these wonderful looking 6 core 3930k i7's for an upgrade from my quad core i7 4820k but don't want to lose out on single threaded performance. I currently have my 4820k overclocked to 4.2ghz so what I'm wondering is how do the 3930k CPU's overclock? I've got a 280 Cooler Master liquid cooler on it so that should help. I'm hoping to get to 4.2-4.4ghz using just the multiplier without having to increase the voltage much (if at all). Thoughts on this upgrade? How is the 3930k overclocking potential?

Mine ran @ 4.5/6 ghz for many years with little effort to get it setup and stable. (4 years?) I still have it and it still runs, but I turned off OC'ing recently as it has become a virtual/SQL server. I guess I should update my sig.

I had my 3930k at 4.9 or.8 for 3 years then had to drop it a bit to 4.6 but when i built a new rig i got a new cpu block and i noticed my old one was clogged with nickel platingso i think thays why i had to lower it a tad. You will have no problem hitting 4.5

My old 3930k ran pretty chilly @ 4.4. GHz. That was before i fried it up with 1.83v. Moral of the story, never OC at 3 AM when you're falling asleep.

Back