Any HT Guru's out there? Help! SP4800 /w HD BOX

alumar

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, I am about to drive myself nutz with this damn setup. Here is my scenerio.

This is my setup:

Infocus SP4800 /w Peerless Ceiling Mount

Bell'O ATC-2052 Audio Rack

Onkyo HT-S760 6.1 Home Theater

Motorola DTC6200/1000 Charter Communications Cable HDTV Box

HTPC (Intel PIV 3.06ghz, 1gig DDR, 2x 120gig Segate SATA150 HD's, ATI AIW 9800PRO /w 128mb)

Pioneer Elite DVC36 DVD Player - (ordered but not in yet!)

and a 110" (96"x54") Dazian Wall Mount Screen - (should be in monday)

Plan to hook up my Xbox via Composite Cable and a Sony Playstation II via S-Video
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought I had it all figured out, but I have run into problems. First and formost I can not get the VGA->Component adaptor to work with the HD Cable Box... I get the projector just contiuning to search for sources and not pick it up. When I hooked the PC up via the Component Cable VGA->Componet Cable adaptor, I got the screen up fine. From what I have read, the DTC6200 has Progressive Scan enabled on the Component side, but it seems it is not working that way. I am trying to get one thing at a time completed on this and the HDTV Box is a large part. The picture comes through fine when I switch to S-Video. The only thing I can get working through that VGA to Component converter is the computer using the Component hookups that come with the ATI Radeon 9800 AIW.
I have tried a VGA cable into the Motorola HD box using a DVI adaptor and got no signal also. Is the problem using a DVI->VGA Adaptor?? I have seen cables that are DVI on one side and VGA on the other, would this work?

Please take a gander at my rough sketch on how i wish to hook this stuff up...

blueprint.JPG

Anything you see wrong?

Here are some pictures of the setup right now, keep in mind, I am still pending my speaker mounting kit, screen and a bunch of monster speaker cable, along with the clean trim for my walls ;p Think of it as a hookup and test before I

start mounting stuff.

rbg - sp4800.jpg

Pick of the SP4800 /w VGA->Component Adaptor

hookups.jpg

hookups2.jpg

Few shots of the back's of the Onkyo and Digital Box

before.jpg

The HT area

noscreen.jpg

No screen yet :( ... 16:9 Format, S-Video

I'm no guru but... I believe component has two different ways of transmitting the image - YUV and CYMK color - make sure that the setting your projector prefers is the same on your DVD player / cable box. If you need the image to set it up, use a temporary composite or S-video cable to configure. I've run into the same problem w/ my projector and proggy DVD.

Back