Any hope for resolving all the cheating in MW2?

i have the ps3 version of MW2 and haven't experienced hackers at all. however, i was thinking of selling my copy on the ps3 and buy a PC copy and i don't know if that is a good idea. is there more hacking on the PC or ps3 version?

Go back to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare? :D

Yessir, I found myself installing CoD 4 last week and started playing some multiplayer on and off all week, level 14 now lol

talk about fun

I find myself playing Free For All on the map Killhouse a lot because it's just mindless fun :)

that's honestly a good suggestion

well kind of (still works the same, no "ping" in numbers, but ping in bars)... you watch the bars and the guy with full bars that never moves is the host... But I am sure you can watch and half the people have bars that don't move, because of strong host and those players on a good connection

Yeah exactly, most people have full bars constantly.

I saw a video from a MW1 admin on youtube posted by a Admin who showed his unique way to punish cheaters.

He had a set of tools/hacks in place which he used to punish cheaters. When he applied the hack, it would change certain settings for the cheater like make his guns/grenades 100% ineffective, while the tinest scratch or fall was a instadeath. Even jumping meant death. It was hiliarious because you could read the guys whines on why nothing was working and how badly the server 'sucked' and yet he didnt figure out what was happening for 10 minutes. Basicially the admin gave the cheater a taste of own medicine.

Thats how you deal with cheaters, let the admins have some laughs...

Last edited:
So how do you tell if you end up being the host? I have the PC version. It's not like the old days of serving/playing, you hold tab and you see some guy with 0ms ping :D

its a simple config edit that changes your four green bars to ten. just google it. the host will always have 10 full bars.

its a simple config edit that changes your four green bars to ten. just google it. the host will always have 10 full bars.

ah yes I remember reading that now... lol... never wasted my time doing it though... could care less :p

ihost.jpg

The sad truth? You might wanna pound a few beers before you read this:

• The host is immediately obvious, he's the guy with 0-20 ping (full green).
• I usually connect with about 101-200+ms.
• Most people are connected at 200+ms (3 or less bars on normal cfg settings).
• On regular cfg settings, 4 bars means up to 0-100 ping, 3 bars 101-200, 2 bars 201-300, 1 bar is 301+.

I know this has been hammererd into the ground already, but WOW. What were they smoking over there at IW??? Competetive multiplayer MW2 is a JOKE. If some guy is bragging about "pwning" you all the time, he probably has just had the good fortune of being closer to the host and better ping (aka not 200ms).

that screen is not an example of typical occurrence in my experience. every so often you'll see a lag spike like that which lasts a second or two, but it's rare. i have never been in a game that has sustained lag like that. you're right about MW2 not being meant for competitive gameplay. the typical latency is probably too high for competitive players. it's just fine for casual players though, at least in my experience.

with my mediocre comcast cable and moderately populated area i'm able to find a ton of very playable games. some don't have the same experience though.

what kind of casual player would want to play in that environement and consider it fun?

weird people

what kind of casual player would want to play in that environement and consider it fun?

weird people

go ahead and take a gander at the first sentence of my post. unless you're speaking of the hackers, in which case yeah there are some hackers.

sounds like you haven't spent much time playing on dedicated servers.

sounds like you haven't spent much time playing on dedicated servers.

I play CS Source, TF2 and CoD 4 on dedicated servers, low ping, admins to ban/kick the hackers and all around good fun

OH OH OH YEAH

we're not restricted to less than 18 player matches!!! Lolz

I play CS Source, TF2 and CoD 4 on dedicated servers, low ping, admins to ban/kick the hackers and all around good fun

OH OH OH YEAH

we're not restricted to less than 18 player matches!!! Lolz

:D you act as if the gaming community is divided into two: those who play MW2 and those who play everything else. i play all the games you listed and MW2 :eek:. they're all fun. saying "with a dedicated server, that example doesn't happen" just isn't true. lag spikes and hackers occur on dedi's as well. but that topic has been beaten to death so i suppose we can both go on our merry way and stop beating that horse :)

Go back to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare? :D

I'm really not saying this to troll but what do people see in COD4? I just don't get it. It seems like every server is Deathmatch or TDM which gets boring fast imo. The grenade spam combined with the airstrikes and helis is just as annoying. Not to mention all of the pray and spray tactics.

Apparently it's just me but I just want to know what people see in that game.

I'm really not saying this to troll but what do people see in COD4? I just don't get it. It seems like every server is Deathmatch or TDM which gets boring fast imo. The grenade spam combined with the airstrikes and helis is just as annoying. Not to mention all of the pray and spray tactics.

Apparently it's just me but I just want to know what people see in that game.

HC HQ is where it's at. i've spent hours playing nothing but HC HQ.

HC HQ is where it's at. i've spent hours playing nothing but HC HQ.

I do enjoy HQ in COD5 but it's just really hard to find a server in COD4. Maybe I'll give it another shot. Although, I enjoyed COD5 as a whole quite a bit more.

I'm not a big fan of HC servers though. The grenades (that people tend to spam) to me are much harder to spot than in other games. I also don't know the maps as well as the hardened players.

I do enjoy HQ in COD5 but it's just really hard to find a server in COD4. Maybe I'll give it another shot. Although, I enjoyed COD5 as a whole quite a bit more.

I'm not a big fan of HC servers though. The grenades (that people tend to spam) to me are much harder to spot than in other games. I also don't know the maps as well as the hardened players.

cod:waw is an excellent game. I used to bounce between it and cod4 depending on whether I was in the mood for modern or ww2 gameplay. There's something about bolt action rifles that keeps me coming back.

I have the PS3 and PC version. All I can say is that the people on the PC are on average better player with less whiney 12 year olds. Problem on the PC? Hackers. I usually play HC TDM and you don't see as many hackers there but once you get into domination and ground war, hackers galore! Seriously steam or IW needs to do something about this.

they're too busy buying $50,000 pinky rings to do anything about the hackers or cheaters

you already gave em your money

they don't care about you

the sooner everyone wakes up to that sobering reality, the sooner they can move on to BFBC 2

What amazes me is how easy it is to get hacks, all you need to do is google MW2 Hacks. What I don't get is why Microsoft and/or IW isn't suing these people, they're easy enough to find.....

they don't care honestly

it's naive and delusional to suggest they ever cared once you saw the huge list of changes they made with MW 2

What amazes me is how easy it is to get hacks, all you need to do is google MW2 Hacks. What I don't get is why Microsoft and/or IW isn't suing these people, they're easy enough to find.....

Because they'd never get anything from it, and it wouldn't actually stop the hacking. What's more, I imagine you'd have a hard time proving damages, but I guess that's for lawyers to figure out.

If a person can successfully sue people for being injured while BREAKING INTO THEIR HOUSE I really don't see how this would be hard to do.

as of the new patch are people still having problems with cheating???? i havent experienced any on 360

Sorry to be a little off topic but are saves stored on the server side in MW2?

If I remember right with COD4 if you reformatted or something you would lose your level and weapons. I might be imagining things though. Considering upgrading to Win7 and don't want to lose my hard earned lvl 45 in MW2 :p

Sorry to be a little off topic but are saves stored on the server side in MW2?

If I remember right with COD4 if you reformatted or something you would lose your level and weapons. I might be imagining things though. Considering upgrading to Win7 and don't want to lose my hard earned lvl 45 in MW2 :p

not sure about playin on computers but i know all info is stored on xbox live.... with that said since MW2 switched form dedicated servers its a good chance that they store info on their server as well.. but then agian i do not play computer so i cant be sure

I know this has been hammererd into the ground already, but WOW. What were they smoking over there at IW??? Competetive multiplayer MW2 is a JOKE. If some guy is bragging about "pwning" you all the time, he probably has just had the good fortune of being closer to the host and better ping (aka not 200ms).

Ive seen these SS before. This is a stupid-fuckhead-taken-out-of-context-screen shot. This shit happens every once in awhile, and generally only happens when migrating to a new host or new game starts, before everyone is sync-ed up. Either that or this SS was taken in east bumble fuck Montana, but probably not since theres two good pings.

Ive seen these SS before. This is a stupid-fuckhead-taken-out-of-context-screen shot. This shit happens every once in awhile, and generally only happens when migrating to a new host or new game starts, before everyone is sync-ed up. Either that or this SS was taken in east bumble fuck Montana, but probably not since theres two good pings.

Maybe so, but anything above about 80 ms in an FPS means game-altering lag. Period.

Maybe so, but anything above about 80 ms in an FPS means game-altering lag. Period.

Agreed 100%, though i would say 50ms for me. When joining games...when its finding games...if it goes above 50ms i go to a different game mode or restart the search.

as of the new patch are people still having problems with cheating???? i havent experienced any on 360

I haven't either- it's been very pleasant playing lately.

FYI- for those complaining about the "whiney 12 year olds" on Xbox live....there is a setting that mutes all players except those who are on your friend's list- problem solved.

I haven't either- it's been very pleasant playing lately.

FYI- for those complaining about the "whiney 12 year olds" on Xbox live....there is a setting that mutes all players except those who are on your friend's list- problem solved.

Was unaware of that...

Name me a single game that someone or another doesn't hack apart and cheat in???? 1 game I dare you

Tribes, because the projectiles all moved too slowly. The closest thing to a hack was the perfect skiing down hills by holding the space bar with a script, but they implemented that as a standard feature in Tribes 2 so meh.

I think there is a big difference between expecting a good game and expecting glitches to get resolved. You don't see much hacking in the 360 version but holy fuck the care package glitching is ridiculous. i mean they fixed the javelin stuff fairly quick, what the hell are they doing? its been like this for over two months now.

How do games get patched on the 360 without HDDs?

Back