Any home made desks?

@crazyjeeper I think that I have seen those before...I think that I've helped build those... in fact I might have a set that match. :D

Actually. I've been on this site for like 3 or 4 years. this is just a new account.

Then you think you would follow the rules...

(21) Each Hard|Forum member is limited to one ACCOUNT/ALIAS, unless otherwise authorized by a Hard|Forum Administrator. Protect your password and your account. You are responsible for your account regardless of compromise or stolen password.

2926067583_4d4c42db0a.jpg

all these have definitely inspired me to start building my own. I think it's the best desk you can ever own. customize it the way you want. I'm aiming more toward what CLock3 did with the solid core door. Let's see some more!!

11 guage 1" square tubing - welded and bolted by yours truly.

cvPq4l.jpg

Home made tv mounts.

cy2lnl.jpg

"Home made" chair, too!

zSZCol.jpg

Saw this thread pop up today and inspired me to add my submission to this thread. DIY desks FTW!

Hmm. That looks pretty good. I've been running low on storage space. Some shelf setup like that might be better than my current boring leg posts.

I've gone to home depot a couple times looking pre-made kitchen cabiniate things, but they're too tall. And double high filing cabinets might be pretty close to ideal, but either ugly looking metal things or super cheap wood. Maybe I should look at making my own shelf setup. Wouldn't be as nice as drawers but so much easier and could hold me over for awhile.

Very impressive work guys! I always think about custom desks built to accomodate towers but sadly I'm not good with tools nor have the time to take a shot at it :(

Refinished an old kitchen table that was 60"x36" and got just the finish/smoothness I wanted out of it (took about 8 hours of work) then stuck some ikea legs underneath it and voila.

gEzK3.jpg

I'll soon have one to replace my POS ikea jerker. I'm going to door method. I'll post pics when I am done.

You shut your whore mouth!! Never have I seen such rubbish on these forums. I kid, I kid but the Jerker is a fine desk.

Refinished an old kitchen table that was 60"x36" and got just the finish/smoothness I wanted out of it (took about 8 hours of work) then stuck some ikea legs underneath it and voila.

gEzK3.jpg

thats such a clean desk omg... I wish my desk looked as neat as that ........ what monitor arm mount is that and how are you routing those wires, behind the arm?

Man that is clean, makes me feel bad about giving up my 20/30/20 PLP setup. Although I am much happier with one 120hz 27" monitor.... it just doesn't look as sexy on the desk. :)

Anyways bumping this thread even tho its super old, I know I've seen more homemade desks in the 2012 workstation thread.

Real nice job. I'm useing a old door too. i would post it here but its in the ghetto mods. Really ugly. oh wth you know youll like it.
deskmod.jpg

After rejecting a few yards of Mashall replacement Tolex i used it on this desk but it didnt cover the whole thing.
100_0398_zps462d348a.jpg

Last edited:
5251123401_d93a74f47e_z.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5288/5304543279_498b5a3c6b_z.jpg

These were taken in Dec of 08. I still have the desk just not the setup.
This desk has been great. Only problem is the screws I used to mount the Ikea legs were short enough to split and crack the wood underneath where a couple legs were. So I had to remount them with longer screws. Also Since then I had acquired a few nice scratches on the top that happened during a move. I would think I could just re-sand it down, stain it again and put another couple coats of finish on it would be the only way to repair the nicks and scratches.

Back