Any help raising the PCI Express bus speed?

ohgod

Gawd
I was wondering if there was any benefits in raising the PCI express bus speed. It would make sense that if you raised this clock speed performance increase would be a result.
I've also heard that by raising the bus speed that overclockability is raised. Just speculation.
Thanks!

ohgod said:
I was wondering if there was any benefits in raising the PCI express bus speed. It would make sense that if you raised this clock speed performance increase would be a result.
I've also heard that by raising the bus speed that overclockability is raised. Just speculation.
Thanks!

It might speed the card by 1-2% but then your taking a major risk of damaging the cards, so I wouldn't touch the pci-express bus speed, 16x is plenty fast enough.

Considering current gen cards do not fully utilize PCIe x16, there would be zero benefit and a chance of damaging your equipment.

some of the geforce2 and 3 cards ran alittle faster if you bumped up the agp frequency. but a lot of these cards would work way higher than the default 66mhz agp freq.I had ti-500 that ran close to 100mhz, because of my overclock and the fact that there was no agp lock. but i dont think cards can be run out of that particular spec, and if they could there wouldnt be much benefit.

yeah, run it at 101, and call it a day,

just a good way to kill your cards

Back