Any HardMEMBER with u2711 successfully remove the AG coating

EvoFreak

Limp Gawd
I've been reading last night about AG removal on the net last night and curious if anybody here who own an U2711 successfully remove theirs? Please share your story as i want to remove mine.

After reading a lot of attempt removing the AG coating, it seems its a 50/50 chance of failing. I guess ill just deal with the AG coating :(

50/50 ? Considering unprotected polarizers are not immune towards many humidity and temperature cycles - let alone cleaning off dust, it's a 100% failure with time. But if you can control all three parameters, you're safe. But remember that glossy monitors have a clear coat treatment of the polarizer.

Have you considered getting one of the Korean 27" monitors?

Considering I paid $800 for my u2711 I'll skip this one, I hate the AG as much as anyone else but $800 is not chump change to me. Maybe when it is old and ready to be replaced... I wish I had the money for these kind of mods.

Kind of like my Kuro 9g non-elite, you can swap a board and turn in into an elite unlocking all the pro settings and CMS for very cheap. Would I like to do this? Hell yes but not on a TV I spent $4000 on.

I've taken AG off of a dell 2312 and 2412 and what a nice upgrade , but wouldn't attempt a dell 2711 after all the failures I've seen happen in the past

Glossy & Matte Qnix QX2710's can be purchased for around 350$, both of which are far superior to the U2711 (the Auria is the only 1440p monitor worse than the U2711), no point in getting one and taking the risk.

Glossy & Matte Qnix QX2710's can be purchased for around 350$, both of which are far superior to the U2711 (the Auria is the only 1440p monitor worse than the U2711), no point in getting one and taking the risk.

Only better for strictly PC use. Part of the reason why I want the U2711 are the multiple connectors... they do have a Qnix that has one but not only does it cost more than the Dell, but it's missing the legacy component jack (critical for PS2 and Dreamcast) which I want.

But thanks for bringing it up none the less.

Only better for strictly PC use. Part of the reason why I want the U2711 are the multiple connectors... they do have a Qnix that has one but not only does it cost more than the Dell, but it's missing the legacy component jack (critical for PS2 and Dreamcast) which I want.

But thanks for bringing it up none the less.

Why don't you use VGA for Dreamcast?

Back