Any [H]ard Arma2 players?

Volume

2[H]4U
I just picked up the whole shebang on Steam, with Arma2, Arma2:OA, and the 2 DLCs and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Having said that, there still seems to be a lot I need to learn in the game as far as marking enemies and effectively communicating, etc.

If you've never heard of Arma2, take note that this isn't a typical "shooter" and focuses more on squad tactics and simulation than the arcade shooters like CoD, CS, etc. So if you're not patient, you may wanna move along :p

Last edited:
If any of you folks are interested in really diving into this game I play Arma2/OA almost daily with the guys(& girls) over at United Operations. It isnt a clan but an open community that focus on the tactics, teamwork and communication this game requires. They are alot of Clans that come over and play on our servers and our Weekend CoOp/TvT events are now averaging at least 80 ppl.

There are several mods being used but the one that has the most impact is called ACRE. This is a Teamspeak3 plugin that accurately simulates the radio's used by the US armed forces (AN/PRC-119, 117F, 148, 343). Terrain, range, power settings, freqs, etc all have an effect.

And yes, there are even training classes instructed by active and retired Military persons and gamers but with a relaxed atmosphere and focused on the gameplay over real because honestly there is alot of depth to this game.
It is after all used by the Military to train troops in the form of VBS2. News article showing Fort Campbell soldiers using VBS2.

I love arma 2, though I prefer arma 2 OA. Insurgency game mod is a blast, as well as warfare, if the teams are somewhat even. also its not for every one, but zargobad life is hilarious, it turns arma into a cops and robbers rpg. here is a video of a guy raging as he's getting pulled over for blowing a stop sign. (warning guy freaks out so it might be nsfw depending on where you work)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqe7xLXUIXI&feature=related

steam id is shiftypowers68

Oh heck yeah! I don't play as much due to MWLL but I just got hooked on the Invasion 1944 mod again. I used to play regularly on the Op4 Gaming ACE2 server.

I had never looked at the ACRE mod but that is fantastic!

I am getting set up with United Operations right now. Let's hope I don't screw up all the mod installs lol

I picked up ARMA II and OA in the sale as well. Going to stick at it until I get the hang of it.

After playing with the UnitedOperations peeps for a few weeks now it's pretty much the best experience you can get with this game. It's fucking fantastic.

If I have only ARMA (waiting for a sale on OA someday), are there some co-op centric mods/maps? Mainly want to just do some coop with friends, with 4 players or more (prefer 6+).

And beyond coop, what are the essential mods and maps to have? even just the top three or four things the community uses would be cool.

If I have only ARMA (waiting for a sale on OA someday), are there some co-op centric mods/maps? Mainly want to just do some coop with friends, with 4 players or more (prefer 6+).

And beyond coop, what are the essential mods and maps to have? even just the top three or four things the community uses would be cool.

Arma or Arma 2? You can play coop straight out of the box if you want. As for mods, that will depend on your tastes. The ACE2 for Arma 2 brings a lot more gear, capabilities, and details to the game but also ups the complexity. You could check out the Armaholic site and browse their mission and mod database.

Huge Arma 2 patch on steam. Seems they smoothed the lag and warping players on MP, added FXAA option, and fixed a bunch of bugs.

Yep, 1.60 is out and it fixes a TON of stuff. Definitely worth picking up the game now if you haven't already.

Back