Any good shooters besides BF3?

Krieger91

[H]ard|Gawd
I played the crap out of BF3 a while ago, col. 100, everything unlocked, etc.... It seems like there is nothing else to play though. I am playing Hawken a little bit and crysis 3 was disappointing. I have only played 1 COD game (MW3 on 360 for an hour) and it was "OK", maybe it was because I was on a console?

Is there anything good out now, or soon? BF4 is a long ways away.

If you're looking for something a little different, check out Blacklight Retribution, Tribes Ascend or Planetside 2.

All are free and all are ridiculously fun.

If you're looking for blind casual fun, Call of Duty, for all the hate it gets, is not actually bad. MW3 was quite possibly the worst one in the franchise from what I hear, so bad place to start. I'm not too up to date on it nowadays but I think blops2 was received well amongst the CoD playerbase, might wanna look that way.

If you're looking for a hardcore competitive shooter that you need a lot of practice to be good at, CSGO is the way to go.

Tribes Ascend was fun, really fast paced and unique.

I've been having a ton of fun with Planet Side 2. Right now it's one of my main multiplayer FPS games. There is nothing like having 4+ squads in Sunderers roll into a base with air support and take it.

Everything out right now is casual/competitive expect Planetside 2 and maybe Blacklight. It's weird how long we were bitching a lack of arena shooters Tons of the now.

heres your links to blacklight and planetside

If you want a game which actually requires thought and strategy then go for arma 2.

if you want a twitch shooter go with cs go

if you want something with shit loads of people zerging all over the place, with crazy huge battles go with planetside

if you want something a little more diverse try tribes or mech warrior.

its not a shooter but it is a fps which rewards skill over all else. chivalry medieval warfare.

Tribes Ascend or Planetside 2.

Both those are quite good. I like PS2 more of the 2, but Tribes Ascend is a lot more fast paced. If you like BF3 PS2 is probably right up your alley.

CSGO like mentioned above is also great. With the Steam Workshop there are some absolutely amazing player made maps. The Museum map is insanely detailed and actually feels like it was created by the dev team itself.

If you want some retro fun load up Half Life 2 death match and look up 9/11 map. Totally insensitive but very fun if the server has enough players.

TF2

Community sucks ass since it went F2P (skill-wise -- newbies are still fun to play with though), but still great if you can find a good server.

Also, try Borderlands 2

planetside 2 if you play with other people. there are tons of groups to join in game.

I've been having a ton of fun with Planet Side 2. Right now it's one of my main multiplayer FPS games. There is nothing like having 4+ squads in Sunderers roll into a base with air support and take it.

The sense of scale in Planetside 2 is unparalleled. Piloting a galaxy with a full crew into a hotzone and you look left, right and on the ground and its a D-day type armada alongside you, will tend to raise the hairs on your neck.

Bf3 is good? Not if your a CS player. How do people play such crap, casual shooters on the PC? Why not just play COD on the xbox or something.

A buddy of mine told me years ago : COD is for twitch players. CS is for competitive twitch players. BF is for old men who want to play twitch shooters, but can't. After playing through both COD and BF since 2002, I cam to realize he was right.

Last edited:
I still wish CS was still popular over here. I miss trolling people on assault maps with a dark spot.

Bf3 is good? Not if your a CS player. How do people play such crap, casual shooters on the PC? Why not just play COD on the xbox or something.

A buddy of mine told me years ago : COD is for twitch players. CS is for competitive twitch players. BF is for old men who want to play twitch shooters, but can't. After playing through both COD and BF since 2002, I cam to realize he was right.

BF3 is good. But BF has never been about twitch, it's been about large maps and combined arms.

Actually I'm thinking about this one. But the problem Is I don't see any big fan. Is it a good one mate?

CSGO is a lot of fun, and for $15 it's a pretty solid bargain. I like it a lot, and it, along with Dota 2, are my staple multiplayer games right now.

Last edited:
Go is excellent but the in game matchmaking is ass, if you're after decent games than ESEA is undoubtedly the way to go. Better servers, maps, anti cheat, players, service in general. It's a paid service but borderline necessary for Go.

Go is excellent but the in game matchmaking is ass, if you're after decent games than ESEA is undoubtedly the way to go. Better servers, maps, anti cheat, players, service in general. It's a paid service but borderline necessary for Go.

I haven't personally tried it, but over at SPUF, people are saying that ESEA pugs are just as bad, if not worse, than normal matchmaking...care to comment on that?

BF3 is good. But BF has never been about twitch, it's been about large maps and combined arms.

I agree with you, but i have found that people that play twitch shooters like cs tend to be elitist and think every game that doesn't put you in a 50 by 50 yard box and or require you to be as twitchy as some one on crack is total shit.

i would like to see a bunch off css players dumped into a game of warfare in arma lol.

back on topic

you could try some mods for bf2 like project reality. Ore point of existence.

I haven't personally tried it, but over at SPUF, people are saying that ESEA pugs are just as bad, if not worse, than normal matchmaking...care to comment on that?

You'll find mouth breathers on both ends, no doubt, but ESEA was personally much, much more fun to play in my opinion.

Back