Any Good Deals Anywhere On An HP ZR24w? The Prices Have All Gone Up :(

falconman515

Limp Gawd
I was going to either get the Macmall deal which was great after MIR, or get it from Amazon that had it for $409..... but I purchased one from a member here on Hardforums used that did not work out and it came damaged (we have been working together on getting this issue resolved and he has been a great member to deal with on this transaction despite the damage).

Now that I got my money back and I am ready to look into getting this monitor the deals are all gone :((( The Amazon price is up to $453 and the Macmall is $400 with no rebate and I have to pay tax and shipping their.

The best price I have found online is through amazon but purchased from Circuit City for $414 but my issue with ordering through say them or maybe TigerDirect (which also has about that same price) is their return policy if there is an issue with the screen like dead pixels and what not. Anyone have any history with them on their dead pixel return policy?

Does anyone know if I can find another good deal out there from a descent company for around or under $400?

I wish I would have just gone with my gut and purchased new then I wouldn't been in this predicament right now and I would have got a great price for a New one with a warranty in my name.

Please help guys.... what do I do???

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
ebay $388 shipped with warranty. Thats where I got mine. I wondered why you didn't post about getting your monitor. Sorry to hear it got damaged during shipping. Blowoutsales is the name of the ebay seller, they have a BM store. MacMall is free shipping, but yes you would have to pay sales tax.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-HP-ZR24w-24...9008?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item588aa0ff70

How is there return policy on Dead pixels? Do you know where they ship from? It's nice to see they have an 800 number so I could actually talk with a live person.

Whats your take on the company and did you have any direct contact with them and was is positive?

My main worry of course is if it shows up DOA then ya I pay return shipping and they replace but what if it shows up working but with 1+ dead pixels.... I know some places wont replace for a single or 2 or so dead pixels and I refuse to keep a monitor that has a single bad pixel!

Any takes on how there return policy is for this issue?

Also the picture isn't the ZR24w but I assume that they just used the wrong picture?

Thanks for the heads up on this good deal WaTaGuMp I really look forward to your reply.

P.S. Ya after dealing with the seller he seems very legit and I'de like to think it wasn't shipped this way... he has been very good with this issue and I couldn't ask for a better seller.... to bad it has this minor issue with the screen but its very distracting and will lead to further issues for sure. I am working with UPS at the moment for him to try and get them to pay for this damage so we will see how it goes.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
How is there return policy on Dead pixels? Do you know where they ship from? It's nice to see they have an 800 number so I could actually talk with a live person.

Whats your take on the company and did you have any direct contact with them and was is positive?

My main worry of course is if it shows up DOA then ya I pay return shipping and they replace but what if it shows up working but with 1+ dead pixels.... I know some places wont replace for a single or 2 or so dead pixels and I refuse to keep a monitor that has a single bad pixel!

Any takes on how there return policy is for this issue?

Also the picture isn't the ZR24w but I assume that they just used the wrong picture?

Thanks for the heads up on this good deal WaTaGuMp I really look forward to your reply.

P.S. Ya after dealing with the seller he seems very legit and I'de like to think it wasn't shipped this way... he has been very good with this issue and I couldn't ask for a better seller.... to bad it has this minor issue with the screen but its very distracting and will lead to further issues for sure. I am working with UPS at the moment for him to try and get them to pay for this damage so we will see how it goes.

I am not really sure on the dead pixel policy. You may want to contact HP and get the info straight from them. As for the Ebay people, I did contact them regarding a possible issue with payment on my end. They got right back to me and said if anything couldn't get worked out they would refund me and let me pay them with a credit card. They offer that option I think anyhow. I gave them positive feedback, read what others have said, they have sold plenty of the ZR24W's. Ebay also has some buyer protection program going, never used it but its there. I feel you can still get items from Ebay, just make sure you buy from someone who cares about their business and wants to make customers happy. The picture looks to be the LP2475W, no big deal, quite a few places use them for illustration only. Use the 800 number and give them a call tomorrow.

I am not really sure on the dead pixel policy. You may want to contact HP and get the info straight from them. As for the Ebay people, I did contact them regarding a possible issue with payment on my end. They got right back to me and said if anything couldn't get worked out they would refund me and let me pay them with a credit card. They offer that option I think anyhow. I gave them positive feedback, read what others have said, they have sold plenty of the ZR24W's. Ebay also has some buyer protection program going, never used it but its there. I feel you can still get items from Ebay, just make sure you buy from someone who cares about their business and wants to make customers happy. The picture looks to be the LP2475W, no big deal, quite a few places use them for illustration only. Use the 800 number and give them a call tomorrow.

I will definitely do that and try and get some questions answered. Really for the price it sounds great but the only thing I would like to know is if it shows up with a dead pixel will they exchange it with another one. I love HP's warranty for 3 years and I am confident they will do me right within the warranty period but its that first day when I get it that I want it to be perfect.... and if it isn't I need to know wherever I order it from they will exchange it no questions asked.

Sure hope this place works out. Thanks again for the link and info.

Last edited:
They will replace my monitor if I have a dead pixel (I pay to ship it back to them though), it looks like for the price and pixel guarantee I will be ordering one from here.

Nice guy i talked with and they are an authorized HP dealer so its great for warranty purposes.

Thanks so much for the link on this deal.

Looks like he's out of stock. Anyone know of a place for deals where there's no tax for CA?

They will replace my monitor if I have a dead pixel (I pay to ship it back to them though), it looks like for the price and pixel guarantee I will be ordering one from here.

Nice guy i talked with and they are an authorized HP dealer so its great for warranty purposes.

Thanks so much for the link on this deal.

You should always try and revive (well, not really) bad pixels before initiating a return process.
www.jscreenfix.com
Stuck subpixels can sometimes be unstucked.

This display is getting harder to fine, any ides? There used to be 10 sellers on amazon (including amazon) and now there is two. Other places online are showing out of stock or deactivated. Think it is ok to still buy one?

Call HP if you get a dead pixel. I bought one from costcentral a while back, and it had a stuck pixel. I called HP's business support line (it's a pro-series monitor), and they sent someone next day to replace the panel, free of charge.

Amazing service.

$399 from Amazon. Amazon is pretty amazing as far as returning your money if you are unsatisfied for any reason.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back