any good 4x games out there?

raz-0

Supreme [H]ardness
Seem to have misplaced my codes and binaries for stars!, and it looks like stars supernova is never coming out. And for some reason, I have an itch for a 4x game at the moment.

any recommendations?

Originally posted by raz-0
Seem to have misplaced my codes and binaries for stars!, and it looks like stars supernova is never coming out. And for some reason, I have an itch for a 4x game at the moment.

any recommendations?

:confused:

Originally posted by pbXassassinX1524
Whoa... what kind of game would that be? Like some kind of RTS?

It´s game like Civ 3/Alpha Centauri and such.

All I can think of recently released titles is that awful looking Master of Orion 3 and the Europa Universalis 2 and Hearts of Irons.

Originally posted by pbXassassinX1524
Whoa... what kind of game would that be? Like some kind of RTS?

Like Civilization or Age of Empires or Masturbators of Orion (yes, I too was burned by the third installment of the series).

Well why the heck didn't he just say a particular type of turn based strategy games or something. I looked at this thread the other day and was like WTF, i dont know what that is so i wont reply lol.

Civlization 3 is my favorite turn based stategy game and the new CIV3: Conquests expansion adds a ton of new stuff and includes everything from the Play the World expansion.

I also like the Europa Universalis style games. Two Thrones just came out and its a good game if your a fan of the series. I believe its alot like one of the earlier ones though but i can't remember the name of it.

I still play Masters of Orion 2 occasionally. Even though it's a bit long in the tooth (and runs only at 640x480 resolution) it's as perfect a balance of 4x that can be found. A little bit later a game called Birth of the Federation came out which has since been patched to be a better game than it was at release.

Anything by Sid Meier is good, to those already mentioned I'd add Civilization 2 Multiplayer Gold and Colonization.

More recently I'd recommend Galactic Civilizations or Space Empires 4 or even Spaceward Ho! 4 which is a strictly beer-and-pretzels sort of 4x-style game, but still good.

Highly, highly recommend Galactic Civilizations. Stardock is an excellent developer with great support and the game is top notch.

Originally posted by Torgo
Highly, highly recommend Galactic Civilizations. Stardock is an excellent developer with great support and the game is top notch.

Ditto. GalCiv rocks.

Originally posted by burningrave101
Well why the heck didn't he just say a particular type of turn based strategy games or something. I looked at this thread the other day and was like WTF, i dont know what that is so i wont reply lol.

Well in case you didn't notice, that is EXACTLY what I did. 4x games are 4x games. silent storm has turns and strategy, but it isn't a 4x game. i was looking for a specific answer, so i asked a specific question.

Looks like I might have to check out galactic civilizations.

Originally posted by raz-0
Well in case you didn't notice, that is EXACTLY what I did. 4x games are 4x games. silent storm has turns and strategy, but it isn't a 4x game. i was looking for a specific answer, so i asked a specific question.

Looks like I might have to check out galactic civilizations.

You really should. I bought the game the day it came out online, and used the option to have them send me a CD. At the time it was 50 bucks, and it was worth every penny. There have been quite a few content upgrades, and the game is just plain old excellent. Closest we'll get to what should've been MOO3.

If your into those 4x games you should probably check out Dominions II. I just seen it mentioned in a couple of PC game mags i get for a great 4x game.

At least i know what 4x means now lol.

Back