Any game pad users?

soulesschild

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone use gamepads? Nostromo N52, Razer OrbWeaver, Logitech, etc?

Been looking into one since I've heard it's more comfortable for long term gaming. Any thoughts, stories, opinions?

So far I'm really leaning toward the Razer due to being mechanical but there's been reviews saying the Logitech version is more comfortable, just not mechanical keys.

I tried out a Nostromo n52 many moons ago. (2004) Didn't care for it. the action on the keypad was actually worse than the keyboard.

Logitech G13 user here for years. I also have the original Belkin Nostromo N52 (not the butchered Razor version).

I prefer the G13 as I do find it more comfortable, better button layout, and just more of them! It's not mechanical, but that's not a deal breaker for me. Took me a while to get used to it though, but now I couldn't think of playing without it. Like a good mouse, you should try it before buying.

If Logitech ever releases an updated version of the G13 I'll be first in line to try it.

I'm surprised Logitech didn't come out with a mechanical one shortly after Razer did.
I would be all over a mechanical G13.

Had a Belkin N52 from day one, when it broke I bought an N52TE. Using it right now. :)

It's slightly more ergonomic than a keyboard, but not hugely(opposed to an Evoluent mouse vs. a standard mouse)

I would definitely be interested in one that had an even steeper tilt. The G13 lays perfectly flat so it's of no interest to me.

I like having the joystick, I use it only as 4 extra keys but it's pretty handy.

I find the actuation to be just fine but then again I've been surviving without a $200 mechanical keyboard my whole life. The key action is a little heavier/stiffer than I'd like.

Had a Belkin N52 from day one, when it broke I bought an N52TE. Using it right now. :)

It's slightly more ergonomic than a keyboard, but not hugely(opposed to an Evoluent mouse vs. a standard mouse)

I would definitely be interested in one that had an even steeper tilt. The G13 lays perfectly flat so it's of no interest to me.

I like having the joystick, I use it only as 4 extra keys but it's pretty handy.

I find the actuation to be just fine but then again I've been surviving without a $200 mechanical keyboard my whole life. The key action is a little heavier/stiffer than I'd like.

One draw of the razer is that the wrist rest is fairly adjustable from videos that I've seen. You can create a pretty steep tilt if you want. But it is 130.

Back