Any Galaxy S6 Owners Having Success with USB OTG?

Epos7

Gawd
I have a Galaxy S6 Edge, and a few months ago I built an O2/ODAC headphone amp/DAC. I mostly built it to use with my computer, but also intended to send digital audio out from my GS6 to the ODAC on occasion.

I bought a USB OTG cable, but have had no luck getting my phone to recognize the DAC. I've tried some of the digital audio out, and USB OTG apps from the Play Store, but with no luck. The DAC works perfectly on my computer - it is plug and play.

Android has supported digital audio out for several years now as a native feature. The ODAC is powered by the host device, and requires about 20mA. I haven't been able to find any specifications for the max current draw of an OTG device on the GS6.

It seems that either the ODAC's 20mA current requirement is more than the GS6 can supply, or Samsung broke OTG support with TouchWiz.

Do any other devices work with OTG? I used a wireless mouse last week with a Samsung OEM OTG cable on a S6.

Thanks for those links. A USB hub might be worth a shot, but probably makes it less likely I'd actually use it with the S6 as it's another thing to lug around.

I don't have any other OTG devices I can test, but the fact you were able to use a wireless mouse over an OTG cable tells me the ODAC is beyond the S6's current capabilities. 20mA doesn't seem like much, however.

Back