Any free domain email services...

nas6034

n00b
Any free domain email hosting services like everyone.net/bigmailbox.com? It would be cool to offer my visitors their chance of their own email address @ mydomain

Originally posted by nas6034
Any free domain email hosting services like everyone.net/bigmailbox.com? It would be cool to offer my visitors their chance of their own email address @ mydomain

If you own a domain, and have hosting, all you need do is add a protouserstable file to your domain's conf directory (assuming you're using apache), listing the address at your domain followed by a space and the address to which the email should go, one per line.

Alternately, you can do similar things with sendmail's (and postfix's) /etc/mail/aliases file on the MX that handles email for your domain.

Get hosting on a rack, and install your own mail server :D '

If that's not possible, then youll have to stick with adding aliases for your users.

I dont know of any "free" email services but thought you might want to take care with offering free emails as you can be held responsible for people using said emails for spamming purposes including your ISP or Webhost terming your account for TOS violations.

something like everyone.net ...? they used to offer free email services, i remember cause my old domain xtpcg.com used to have it.

most of them companies if not all closed after the stricter spam laws, and lower cost of hosting, plus poor business plans.

Back