Any first hand opinions on nr200 vs ncase M1 ?

you2

[H]ard|Gawd
My current case only fits mini cards which was great when i built it (ala mini-1070); but newer cards not being built in the mini format so I'm looking for a new case. My current case is the Lian Li PC-Q33 - which is nice and roomy inside but small foot print. The last cooler master case I worked with was the elite 130 which i absolutely hate working with - it is a pia to adjust drives after the fact where as the lian pc-q33 is well designed and very easy to work with both during build and after the fact.

I'd recommend the NR200 case, I was just running the stock cooler with the 5600x, grabbed a Wraith Prism Cooler and I can stress test it with AIDA64 and only see highs of 75 degrees C
https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/dYwhP6
Interesting. Of course I would not be changing my system (other than gpu and psu); so i would be moving my existing haswell i7 with the installed heat sink into the new case. So my concern is just with the case itself (both cooling and looks). I'm ok with replacing the psu for an sfx case given that my current seasonic is over 13 years old.

I just built in a NR200. It's a great case. I haven't been a big fan of CM, but they knocked it out of the park with that case. All of the panels come off, as well as some of the supports. You can get all your parts in, and then put the panels back on. My only knock on it is that the extra Sickleflow fan they include for a top exhaust is garbage and vibrates when it is placed horizontally (common problem with that fan according to reddit). I replaced it with a Noctua fan and it's cool and quiet. My 2.5 slot 3080 fit without issue.

I never built a Ncase M1, but it's only about 2/3 of the size of the NR200. 13L vs. 18L or so. I think the slightly larger NR200 gives you more flexibility.

I have both. The ncase M1 is a bit more space optimized and has a bit better air flow it seems but has issues fitting those longer cards but it is fun to build. The nr200p feels a bit cheaper is a lot easier to build in. Tbh I don’t think the M1 is worth the premium. I retired it recently once I got the nr200p.

I have both. The ncase M1 is a bit more space optimized and has a bit better air flow it seems but has issues fitting those longer cards but it is fun to build. The nr200p feels a bit cheaper is a lot easier to build in. Tbh I don’t think the M1 is worth the premium. I retired it recently once I got the nr200p.

I have the non-glass panel version and the air flow is pretty decent. I actually have a 240 mm AIO mounted on the side. I can see where without that vent on the side it could lose a lot of cooling.

The nr200p is nearly the same price as the M1 - my next question is why are people buying the nr200p (glass panel) over the nr200 wouldn't the nr200 with the vented side panel have better cooling ? The nr200 is quite a bit less expensive than both the m1 and the nr200p (they are including a riser with the nr200p but i don't think i need the riser for a single gpu). I like my current case quite a bit which makes me tempted to go with the m1 but maybe the nr200 is good enough - i was just so so unhappy with the elite 130 which is my last exposure to coolermaster case. My problem with the elite 130 was layout and cooling not build quality (I purchased the 130 when i need a small case that supported a dvd player - these days i will never use a dvd player again given usb devices that are better).

The nr200p is nearly the same price as the M1 - my next question is why are people buying the nr200p (glass panel) over the nr200 wouldn't the nr200 with the vented side panel have better cooling ? The nr200 is quite a bit less expensive than both the m1 and the nr200p (they are including a riser with the nr200p but i don't think i need the riser for a single gpu). I like my current case quite a bit which makes me tempted to go with the m1 but maybe the nr200 is good enough - i was just so so unhappy with the elite 130 which is my last exposure to coolermaster case. My problem with the elite 130 was layout and cooling not build quality (I purchased the 130 when i need a small case that supported a dvd player - these days i will never use a dvd player again given usb devices that are better).
Amazon has the NR200P for $99 with Free shipping. Where are you that it is the same price as an Ncase M1 (which is $200+ if you can find them)?

Amazon has the NR200P for $99 with Free shipping. Where are you that it is the same price as an Ncase M1 (which is $200+ if you can find them)?
Weird price drop on amazon. When I made my post the price on amazon was around $180 for NR200P and $80 for NR200. I actually do not want a clear side so i would go with the NR200. Why would someone want the clear side ?

Weird price drop on amazon. When I made my post the price on amazon was around $180 for NR200P and $80 for NR200. I actually do not want a clear side so i would go with the NR200. Why would someone want the clear side ?
You get both the clear side and the mesh so you have options for change and the riser makes vertical mounting possible if you want to water-cool from bottom of case.
Ill likely use the mesh panel with 280 AIO on side with VC mounted traditionally.
Im pretty excited to work with this case. Ncase M1 initially got my attention, but the slight size increase and lower price of the NR200...

You get both the clear side and the mesh so you have options for change and the riser makes vertical mounting possible if you want to water-cool from bottom of case.
Ill likely use the mesh panel with 280 AIO on side with VC mounted traditionally.
Im pretty excited to work with this case. Ncase M1 initially got my attention, but the slight size increase and lower price of the NR200...

That's pretty much what I do. I've used a variety of cards in there and they all fit.

Back