Any FFXIV players?

viivo

[H]ard|Gawd
Anybody here play this great MMO? It's strange that as much as I dislike anime, catgirls, and all that other cutesy Japanese pop culture stuff, FFXIV is still my favorite MMO, and I've played many going back 20 years.

Anyway, if anyone wants to team up, I'm on the Adamantoise server on the Aether datacenter. I main a 70 WHM and WAR, but I've been leveling a few DPS classes so I can do whatever level or armor score range.

Last edited:
Played before Heavensward came out and found it to be one of the best MMOs in terms of enjoyment for my first playthrough.

Unfortunately, the relic and endgame grind took a toll on me and quickly lost interest.

Managed to get a nice size plot and house too before I left. I'd pay a sub just to check my old decorated place out again.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/9794947/

Last edited:
Anybody here play this great MMO? It's strange that as much as I dislike anime, catgirls, and all that other cutesy Japanese pop culture stuff, FFXIV is still my favorite MMO, and I've played many going back 20 years.

Anyway, if anyone wants to team up, I'm on the Adamantoise server. For cross-Data Center, it's Primal. I main a 70 WHM and WAR, but I've been leveling a few DPS classes so I can do whatever level or armor score range.
I played from 1.0 to stormblood taking months off at times. Game is good in small chunks. I was done with Stormblood after 2 months and haven't come back since. It becomes pretty repetitive and boring due to the 6 months between major patches. End game has been some what dumb down to the point groups are clearing within a day when 2.0 coil took months to clear. I also find the community lacking.

I played it in spirts. Buy a time card off Amazon and play it for 3 months. Then leave it off for stretch. Haven't played in a year or so.

My second favorite MMO after Age of Conan. I liked the writing, lots of surprises and humor. At one point I joined a guild, but mostly I soloed my way through. Had a couple of characters, archer and a lancer. Might revisit it someday, but I feel like I have pretty much seen it all and done it all.

It is certainly one of the best currently released "Theme Park MMOs" around currently - I consider World of Warcraft, FFXIV, and Guild Wars 2 to be the top of the triad. I've kept a FFXIV account active though I've lately been playing other titles. One thing I really like about FFXIV is that even late-coming players can get "all" the content without it being outmoded and nobody to do it with, from what I've heard. I've not gotten far enough yet to have mastered any Jobs etc... and I still; ahve the Heavensward and Stormblood content, but I'm always impressed at the amount of new stuff available. Oh and as an aside, their monetization is better than most these days - the majority of cosmetics they sell are items that can be acquired for free at in-game special events - so if you miss the event you can pay a couple bucks, but if you are there you get it for free! Admittedly, they have recently started selling more higher value items and I personally object to it (ie Fuga Attire), so hopefully there will be enough push back to ensure that they don't sell too many cosmetic items that can NOT be found in game.

Overall though it is only of the best major MMOs and certainly has a lot of roleplaying players and potential. Anyone who wishes a Recruit A Friend, I have a thread in Free Stuff offering invites that grant you special items to help you get started! Likewise, those who want to come back to the game I offer Returns as well :D

Back