Any experts out there on BSEL modding on socket 775 CPUs?

I got a Pentium D 805 to play around with, but my motherboard (sig) has horrible PCIe locks, so I can't even set to 200FSB. With some tweaking of the busses, I can set the FSB up to 179, but no matter what I do, 180 will not POST. I'm 100% sure this is because of the bad locks.

Anyway, from the Pentum D spec sheet, I see this:
BSEL2 BSEL1 BSEL0 FSB Frequency
L L H 133 MHz
L H L 200 MHz
L L L 266 MHz (this is actually from the 900 series spec sheet)

I know that for the 200MHz FSB CPUs, all you have to do is connect BSEL1 to BSEL0 or BSEL2 to force 266 MHz FSB. So is it sufficient to connect BSEL2 to BSEL0 and then insulate BSEL1? Or does BSEL1 need some sort of signal?

you just need to connect bsel1 to bsel0
or connect bsel1 to bsel2
you dont need to do both and u dont need to do any insulating

L = shorted to ground, H = isolated

Like you said, BSEL1 must be isolated and BSEL0 is shorted to ground (BSEL2 is fine).

Your problem could be cooling or voltage, not any bus speed problems. Why not at least mention what motherboard you have?

pxc said:
L = shorted to ground, H = isolated

Like you said, BSEL1 must be isolated and BSEL0 is shorted to ground (BSEL2 is fine).

Your problem could be cooling or voltage, not any bus speed problems. Why not at least mention what motherboard you have?
umm what are you saying???
you just need to connect bsel1 to besl0

L = already at ground
H = has some signal
therefore you must make hte signal go to ground instead of to the socket so u connect them together

same goes for bsel1 to bsel2

pxc said:

I guess I wasn't clear enough when I said (sig). My mobo is the Asus P5LD2-VM which is notorious for having strange PCIe issues. I had an issue (same exact totally stable one speed, unable to POST at next bump up) with my old 640 at 224MHz that was solved by playing around with the PCIe bus speed. It's not a temp issue. My 805 CPU is about 35C/55C idle/load at 3580MHz. I could understand instability, but not total inability to POST when changing from from 179 to 180 (or 224 to 225 for that matter). It just has a bad PCIe lock.

There's a thread about it here:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=992820

Back