Any experience with Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite for multi-booting?

x509

2[H]4U
(Originally posted in the Storage forum, but someone suggested that I should post my question in this forum).

I want to be able to multi-boot my system, such that each install of Windows XP, 7, or 8, is completely independent of each other. (plus, Linux at some point.) That means that the multi-boot selection would not be done in Windows but with software that boots up before the OS is selected.

I just noticed that Paragon claims this support, but I was wondering how well it works in practice.

If there is another "disk suite" or even a standalone boot manager that does the job effectively, I would be interested in that also.

I tried the BootIt manager, paid for it, and asked for a refund because it was way to complex to configure, even for a technically savvy guy like me.

MODERATOR: If I should be posting this message in a different forum, please move it for me.

Thanks to all in advance.

any reason the xp and w8 cant be vm's?

Ive used VistaBootPro to setup multi boots, BUT each OS was on its on drive when installed, with no other drives installed at all, then I plugged in all 3 drives and then setup the app.

Kind of a PITA and in the end I went with XP and W8 VM's on my W7 physical box

Back