Any Experience with OCZ RMA?

asdf123

Limp Gawd
I've got a 700W ModXStream Pro that has a defective 4/8 pin connector that i just sent out in the mail today to the rma center. anyone know how long the process usually takes with them?

asdf123

Limp Gawd
alright, i sent out my PSU today, hope the process doesn't take long.....

asdf123

Limp Gawd
it works absolutely fine, just not with boards that use 8 pin power connectors i guess..

haadij404

2[H]4U
my SSD RMA was pretty awesome. Once they got it, they shipped the replacement from Taiwan to my house on the east coast and it only took 3 days.

Draxanoth

Gawd
I've RMAed 2 thumb drives and a PSU. Flawless all three times, took less than a week on all of them. I actually got back a 32GB thumb drive when I sent in my 16GB once as a thank you for being an early adopter of their new line.

OCZ is solid in my experience.

SomeoneElse

[H]ard|Gawd
I had to RMA one from them 3 yrs ago. Took them about 2-3 weeks, which isn't that bad, when i got it back it was actually a completely different PS because they said the one i had was discontinued so they gave me a Fatality equivalent one no questions asked. At first i was disappointed because my old one was an SLI ready PS but i wasn't to mad when i got the molex plugs to convert the wires. Otherwise they are pretty good about getting stuff to you and explaining themselves if something else is expected. Overall i would say it was a good experience.

Last edited:

cj3waker

2[H]4U
RMAd some a year ago, was pretty painless. Just filed an RMA for an OCZ SSD a few weeks ago, they've had it for over a week and haven't shipped out a replacement yet. They aren't terribly fast but Ive yet to have any problems

asdf123

Limp Gawd
thanks for the replies everyone. the weird thing about my PSU is the 4 pin connector on mATX boards works flawlessly yet on my 780i and p5q i get no post with both connectors, 4 and 8 pin. i tested out all the pins with a multimeter and I get 12.24v reading on all pins.. very strange