Any experience with 90 degree adapters for power and USB headers? Cabling suggestions

VirtualMirage

Limp Gawd
As the title states, has anyone used 90 degree adapters in their build for the 24-pin ATX connector, the CPU EPS connector, and a USB 3.2 Gen1 header?

Thoughts? Good, bad?

Any brand or store recommendations?

Just trying to find ways to make my cabling a little cleaner as well as reduce any stress on the board/cables from doing tight bends. I am working on a build using a mATX style case, Fractal Design Node 804, so I am trying to keep things as tidy as possible.

I also would like to eventually go to some custom cabling to make the PSU cables shorter, but I don't see any brands out there that make cables that are compatible with my power supply, Corsair AX1000. Shorter cables would be ideal for this build.

Dot because I'm curious - cablemod doesn't have any for htat PSU?

They work but sometimes they don't fit well and they can be pretty big themselves. For ex. I have the coolermaster 24pin right angle. I don't use it cuz its really big and bulky. I've also used the Evga corner extenders where it moves the pcie plugs around to the end of the card but those don't work on waterblocks. These plug adapters are full of limits so if it works for you great but know their applications can be limiting

Dot because I'm curious - cablemod doesn't have any for htat PSU?
I looked at CableMod and Mod One and neither seem to make cables for those particular Corsair power supplies. I think CableMod refers to them as Black label, which they don't have cables for. The Corsair Yellow label power supplies they do have custom cables for.

Corsair does have some custom cables for that power supply (they refer to them as Type 4), but they are the exact same length as what's in the box, just sleeved.

They work but sometimes they don't fit well and they can be pretty big themselves. For ex. I have the coolermaster 24pin right angle. I don't use it cuz its really big and bulky. I've also used the Evga corner extenders where it moves the pcie plugs around to the end of the card but those don't work on waterblocks. These plug adapters are full of limits so if it works for you great but know their applications can be limiting
I did see the CoolerMaster model and it does look bulky compared to a few others I have seen. But asides the bulk, it looked to be better made. Having said that, there are always the few reviews that make it concerning, like those claiming it died after 1.5 years and fried their system sort of things. For what should be just an angled wiring, I find that a bit hard to believe, but still concerning nonetheless. I also noticed they had a capacitor version and one without. If I was to spring on one, I wasn't sure if it was necessary or not to have the capacitor version, especially since I am already running a high end 80 Plus Titanium power supply that has inline capacitors in the wiring (which make it a bit of a pain to route them).

But being the direction I need it to go, I don't think the extra bulk is as much of an issue for me. I am more concerned about quality parts and if there is any negative impact to performance/quality of the power supplied. Even if the CoolerMaster is the better choice, it is but one of three connectors that I wanted to address.

Has anyone had any experience with products from ModDIY? I see that they offer just about all the angled adapters that I would need but I have never heard of them nor know what kind of quality their products are.

I had the CM right-angle 24-pin ATX unit. It worked fine, but in the case I used it forced a really tight bend right off the adapter in order to hit the tray cutout. When I rebuilt my machine recently I left that piece out. A nice combed cable with a soft radius looks better than that 90° did, IMO.

Back