Any Easy Ways to Get to 90* ATX?

XacTactX

Supreme [H]ardness
Basically as the title says, I really like the design pioneered by Silverstone where the motherboard is turned at a right angle, so that air doesn't build up at all, and components don't influence one another.

Do you know of any cases that would be conducive to making a 90* ATX case by dismantling it and flipping/swapping the panels around? Any tips pertaining to a poor man's SS Raven would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. ;)

Some LianLi cases can be easliy done so, if you are willing to sacrafice the ODD bays...

I think a poor man's raven is to just lay your case face down and use usb optical drives lol

^Ha, yeah. Stick some feet on the front and lay it face down. :p
Yup, seriously.:cool:

Extra things to do:
Relocate the ODD bay to the top (now front);
Scrap the top (now front) exhaust fan & vent;
Enlarge the front (now bottom) intake fans to 140mm;
Add external intake vent for power supply (isolate PS heat from the rest of the system).

I pose that question with the intent of preserving all of the case's functionality, such as the front bays. I have a rough understanding of the changes that will have to be brought about, I'd like to know if you know about any guides, or have any firsthand experience about good cases, any other useful information, etc.

Thanks again.

Aloha from Hawaii,
Saw these threads, and chancing it for any replys.
I have a friend that had a old Alienware case but he junked it.
The one with the big name on the front brezel saying....
ALIENWARE , Blue or Silver I think they were.
All I want is the case framework and the front cover, be 0kay with me.
I saw a picture of it, and liked it. If anyone has one, or it is apart
and want to get rid of it email me at [email protected]
Thanks for a reply , Nick is ......LongBike.

How would you hide all the cables sticking out at the top? It could be the poor man's Raven, but it would be one ugly mofo.

Might as well save for a few months and get a real Raven or go a month without eating if you're really that poor lol.

Back