any E.T.A for LGA 775 Socket Release Date?

Kirkov

n00b
So Socket 939 is finnaly out but when should we expect Intel to counter-attack with their LGA socket?

This new socket looks like a train wreck. The desktop-ization of the Pentium-M looks to be quite pleasing tho. My current rigs will last until that time I think. With any luck Intel won't screw that up.

I dont think there is a date yet. I am waiting for it to come out too cuz i want to upgrade.

USMC2Hard4U said:
I dont think there is a date yet. I am waiting for it to come out too cuz i want to upgrade.
at this point i think intel has lost the performance crown, for the forseeable future. why do you want to upgrade to the new socket and not say socket 939? im not an amd fanboy. all my computers are intel (although i hope that changes soon), im just curious what's influencing your decision.

there is no forseeable future in computers.

case in point: EVERYONE was saying "wait till s939, wait till s939, it will be soooooooooo much faster". Well well, what do you know. The only thing that changed was the damn socket size.

Wait till the dust settles, then make your decision wisely.

June 21st = LGA775 release date, July = month when non intel mainboards are released [namely that awesome via pt890 ;o)] Do a google news search on 'intel 775' and you should be swiming with info.

computerpro3 said:
there is no forseeable future in computers.

case in point: EVERYONE was saying "wait till s939, wait till s939, it will be soooooooooo much faster". Well well, what do you know. The only thing that changed was the damn socket size.

Wait till the dust settles, then make your decision wisely.

s939 was never meant to be faster than s754 or s940 (only in the future with faster chip releases). Take a look at the chip ratings, if it was going to be "soooooooooooo much faster" then the 3800+ wouldn't be rated a 3800+ when compared to a 3700+. i'm not surprised by the benchmarks of the s939's, i'm surprised that people actually thought it was going to be soooo much faster.

The reason everyone said "wait till s939" was because the entire A64 line was going to be moved to that socket, so it's going to be the most future proof of the 3 A64 sockets.

LGA775 for xeon June 20th, typically 6-8 weeks later for desktop version with intel soo we'll see...

Back