Any diagnostics on a non-boot MSI K9N Neo-F?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorcani

2[H]4U
I build a system yesterday for my little brother's birthday. It consisted of the following brand-new parts. It is important to note that the last chipset I worked with was an NForce 2 (two years ago almost to the day), so I'm a little out of the loop here.

Socket AM2 AMD X2 4200+ (with a little bit of Arctic Silver on the CPU and the Retail Fan)
MSI K9n
Corsair XM2 DDR2 TwinX 6400-R: 2 x 1Gb = 2Gb total
ATI Radeon X1800XT 256Mb
Enermax Whisper II 565W PSU
WD 800JB IDE
DVD-Drive

I booted the computer up and all the fans turned on and there was no funny smells or smoke or anything like that (I can't tell if the HDD spins up). However, the monitor wasn't outputting any video from the GPU. There's also no beeping from the motherboard at all.

This could be any number of things and would be easier to diagnose if there was any beep codes to follow. Does anyone have any experience with the diagnostic functions of this board? Or, if there aren't any (for which I have a sneaking suspicion), does anyone have any clue what the problem may be?

I know you get hundreds of posts like this a day, but I have no clue what the problem is here.

MC FLMJIG said:
Try different ram slots...
I tried that.

I did some rewiring, and now it doesn't even stay on. It is on for a few seconds, and then the video card and drives power down slowly and the only thing left on is the CPU fan and the PSU fans.

I have no clue what the problem is.

edit: I cycled the power supply, and it works now. Don't know why or how, but I guess this thread doesn't need to be open much longer. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back