Any Deals on Diablo 3?

I love Diablo 3, up to the point where the hackers are owning the AH and making it hard to level. The AH is a JOKE right now, and since the developers thought it was a great idea for the game to be purely AH driven, people either have to go backwards and level slower, or not level at all, which has made HELL impossible for my Monk. Gear is far too expensive and nothing drops for your level or up to 10 levels up like it did in Diablo 2. I'm very frustrated with Blizzard and these bot using hackers right now. So damn disappointed. :/

Odd, I have no problems finding gear for 2-4k easily. It's called searching using the parameters with a buyout limit. Monks are one of the easiest classes besides Demon Hunters...

You can't buy something for the monk if the Auction House isn't working, and it wasn't at the time. I was near the end of Hell at the time of this post and I checked the AH constantly and I NEVER saw anything worth purchasing for 2-4k gold, and I always checked the AH for low ending bids when it actually worked right. Also, at level 60, can you find something for 2-4k or 4-8k gold easily that will help you in Inferno? NO. That's where I'm at now, and if you can find proper items to advance through inferno for 2-4k, please, by all means, tell me your secret!

Last edited:
My $.02.....I have been playing Diablo since it was first released. I STILL fire it up from time to time and take my VERY first Char built in D2 (97 Barb) out for some frantic button mashing. I have been waiting and waiting...AND WAITING for this game to be released. The first 5 years....OMG...can't wait! teh last 5 or so...oh well...don't really care that much. Now that it is finally out...I didn't even buy it on day one. I picked it up about 3 days later. REALLY disliked it for the first couple sessions, but now...72hrs into it....it has grown on me...for sure. I just hit lvl 60 tonight (69 hours to get there..100% legit) and me and my nephew JUST about killed Diablo in Hell mode. I think we can do it, but we were both tired and called it a night. My gear is fairly good stuff. Found lots, sold a bunch and bought some in the AH. IMHO, if you were/are a AVID fan of the Diablo series...you may have some issues with the new one, but you WILL enjoy it and get your $60 worth outta this. You will...trust me. Tomorrow...we go to Inferno! Gonna get our asses pounded there SOOOO BAD! Oh yeah...I think the left click on my brand new G500 is already taking a shit!!!!! LOL...this game KILLS MICE!!!!!!

"Reduced level requirement" is a great parameter to use when you're looking for a level 45-52 weapon since you basically get a level 60 weapon at a lower level. A couple of days ago, I saw one that had the level requirement reduced by 18 (level 42 to use) with over 1000 damage per second. Even though it was outrageously priced at 3 million, someone bought it.

Any word on when a demo will be freely available? I know guest passes float around that allow people to install a "demo" copy (lvl13 cap, etc), but I heard that was to keep their servers from getting hammered too hard on release and later a demo will pop out for all to use without a guest pass.

I want a normal retail price "Deal" on the collectors edition. Grrrrr. Always out of stock.

I want a normal retail price "Deal" on the collectors edition. Grrrrr. Always out of stock.

Its always out of stock because it was a limited amount. They are all gone and are never coming back in stock let alone at the standard editions price. If you want one hit up ebay and be prepared to shell out upwards of $200.

You wont get one anytime soon probably. As the previous posted stated, there are people who sit on all sites refreshing them waiting to buy them to resell. Thats what everyone was doing. They go for about 200 on ebay.

I guess I am guilty of it myself since I sold two copies for $193 each on ebay as well. :p

Some people have made thousands of dollars doing it already so....

Or maybe he has a job but doesn't want to waste money on a game that isn't worth putting his limited free time towards. Spending $70 on a game that is getting fairly negative review from fans of its predecessor isn't really a smart decision in this world of modern game development.

Or maybe people only talk about bad things and the people enjoying it are too busy enjoying it? Derp.

This game is being released in Russia next week(June 7th) so if this game truly is region free then this is probably your best bet at getting the game for $30 this early on.

This game is being released in Russia next week(June 7th) so if this game truly is region free then this is probably your best bet at getting the game for $30 this early on.

Cool, i'll be looking forward to this...

however, how do we find a russian cd key site?

also, i'm not suggesting you buy from these guys, but they have a good section on their product description about Region for D3, and those who might be worried should read.

http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/Diablo-3-CD-Key-for-Battle.net-%2d-Instant-Download.html

scroll down the product description and read up

tl;dr/the jist of it is: doesn't matter which region's key you are using

also, i'm not suggesting you buy from these guys, but they have a good section on their product description about Region for D3, and those who might be worried should read.

http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/Diablo-3-CD-Key-for-Battle.net-%2d-Instant-Download.html

Holy fuck that guys US prices are through the roof. I dont see the RU version being region locked since none of the others are but if that sites anything to go by finding deals that way is going to be rough, not to mention risky.

The only site that I've seen advertising the RU version right now is www.cddiski.ru (just a pre-order so don't get excited). I have heard some fairly mixed reviews on them but I think I'll give them a shot this time around since I've been fairly curious about them for a while. The site is really easy to navigate without translation, but google translator does a pretty good job at making the site readable. 999RUB is around $30 usd though with conversions it'll prob be a little over $30. At that price the game is definitely tolerable to pick up just to have something new to run with friends.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1647686 - A good thread to refer to if you're looking for other key vendors.

The only site that I've seen advertising the RU version right now is www.cddiski.ru (just a pre-order so don't get excited). I have heard some fairly mixed reviews on them but I think I'll give them a shot this time around since I've been fairly curious about them for a while. The site is really easy to navigate without translation, but google translator does a pretty good job at making the site readable. 999RUB is around $30 usd though with conversions it'll prob be a little over $30. At that price the game is definitely tolerable to pick up just to have something new to run with friends.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1647686 - A good thread to refer to if you're looking for other key vendors.

ok thanks.

judging by the icons on the bottom, they don't support paypal, and supposedly paypal to webmoney (the popular option) , is tedious?

maybe ill have to try a VCC with 30 dollar limit

They actually do support PayPal now which is one of the reasons I'm finally trying them out. I guess they just didn't update the icons, but I ran through the checkout process quickly to double check.
FPRLb.png

hi, thought i should inform you that the russian cd key would lock diablo III to russian only language. You would still be able to play on all servers, just that you cannot change the language to any other language.

hi, thought i should inform you that the russian cd key would lock diablo III to russian only language. You would still be able to play on all servers, just that you cannot change the language to any other language.

No, it wont. You redeem the CD key via battle.net and download the client for your region.

No, it wont. You redeem the CD key via battle.net and download the client for your region.

Hello, the EU, US and SEA version of Diablo III allows you to change the language to any language. If you were to buy the EU version in Russia, then you can change the language to English. However, the Korean, Chinese and Russian version of Diablo III are locked to their own language. This does not mean that you cannot play in any server - you'll still be able to play in any server, just that you cannot change the language.

If you go to http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-global-play-faq , you can see that Blizzard specifically states this:

If you purchased the Korean, Russian-language-only, traditional-Chinese-language-only, or another language-limited version of Diablo III, you will only be able to switch to the languages you’ve purchased. You will, however, be able to play in all three game regions using the language you purchased. Note that the Korean-language client does not contain the real-money auction house interface.

I have confirmed with cddiski on their support that the 999rbls diablo III is russian-language-only.

I should also perhaps bring to your attention this thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5151715654
While not Russian, there are many people who bought the korean-language-only version who are experiencing problems with changing the language.

Wondering if anybody here knew of a hack to replace russian language files with english files?

Last edited:
Hello, the EU, US and SEA version of Diablo III allows you to change the language to any language. If you were to buy the EU version in Russia, then you can change the language to English. However, the Korean, Chinese and Russian version of Diablo III are locked to their own language. This does not mean that you cannot play in any server - you'll still be able to play in any server, just that you cannot change the language.

If you go to http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-global-play-faq , you can see that Blizzard specifically states this:

If you purchased the Korean, Russian-language-only, traditional-Chinese-language-only, or another language-limited version of Diablo III, you will only be able to switch to the languages you’ve purchased. You will, however, be able to play in all three game regions using the language you purchased. Note that the Korean-language client does not contain the real-money auction house interface.

I have confirmed with cddiski on their support that the 999rbls diablo III is russian-language-only.

I should also perhaps bring to your attention this thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5151715654
While not Russian, there are many people who bought the korean-language-only version who are experiencing problems with changing the language.

Wondering if anybody here knew of a hack to replace russian language files with english files?

Wow i stand corrected then. They made it sound like there where no region locks but went and made a sneaky language lock with the same effect.

crap,

someone who tried replacing the .mpq files with English ones had no success, they just reverted or redownloaded the other language ones...

i also read somewhere there might be hope in changing a few keys in the registry to "enUS" , but i'm not sure how that will play out.

Thanks for that good info. Guess going Russian isn't really viable just yet.

on the other hand, if someone on the battle.net forums do manage to pay to upgrade a language-locked version to a non-language-locked version, it may be cheaper to do so. Waiting to see what happens! :) Meanwhile, anybody else has good deals on d3?

Well we'll see what the reality is pretty soon when it comes out tomorrow. No doubt it'll be another shit storm if it's locked into Russian.

TRIP REPORT:
Bought the key off of cddiski. It came with 2 Guest Passes the first one looked photoshopped and didn't work, the second one worked and I registered onto a throw away account to see if it would be in English. It was in English so I upgraded my Guest Pass on my main account to the full game.

The game region shows up as Global and I have been playing the full game in English. So far so good, but I'll let you guys know if there is any patch or something that locks me into Russian in the near future.

TRIP REPORT:
Bought the key off of cddiski. It came with 2 Guest Passes the first one looked photoshopped and didn't work, the second one worked and I registered onto a throw away account to see if it would be in English. It was in English so I upgraded my Guest Pass on my main account to the full game.

The game region shows up as Global and I have been playing the full game in English. So far so good, but I'll let you guys know if there is any patch or something that locks me into Russian in the near future.

good too know. thanks for guinea pigging :)

noooooooooooooo out of stock and $39 :(

nvm digital is instock

Last edited:
Well looks like I spoke too soon; it is forcing Russian language now. I guess I wait for a hack. Oh well hopefully I didn't waste 30 bucks.

[e]I wonder if a Mac might still work with the English version since a Russian client hasn't been released on Mac. However I do not have a Mac and it probably still prompts them to with the same miss matched client version and tells them to download a nonexistent version of the game..

Last edited:
Back