Any DDO Players here?

Direwolf20

2[H]4U
So I see the game is now free to play, and I was wondering if anyones playing it right now.

Pros and Cons? What's your opinion of it?

I loaded it up since it was free.

Played for maybe 20 minutes, wasn't really compelled to keep playing, so gave it up. Not really sure what I didn't like, it felt kind of awkward, character control I guess, and other than that, it just didn't really seem all that interesting.

I played at launch and I'm playing the free stuff now with my gf and some friends.

It's a great free game - dungeon crawls are fun, but the real fun comes in playing with a group of friends. I didn't find it all too appealing in the normal MMO-play-with-a-bunch-of-strangers fashion.

I loaded it up since it was free.

Played for maybe 20 minutes, wasn't really compelled to keep playing, so gave it up. Not really sure what I didn't like, it felt kind of awkward, character control I guess, and other than that, it just didn't really seem all that interesting.

This is pretty much my opinion of it too. Compared to LOTRO(another Turbine joint), DDO is crap. Although I have played it for probably at least 8 hours in total, I think I "wanted" to like it.

I'm surprised that you guys would call DDO crap but like LOTRO? LOTRO is almost the exact same game, except for different lore. Graphics and UI are identical, though LOTRO has a few perks like bard songs, I think DDO has much better quests, grouping is the best of any MMO, and combat is far superior, too. LOTRO's combat is very similar to WoW, IMO, which is OK for some people, but I like the whole 'actually swing your sword' thang.

To each is own I guess. Personally I am a huge fan of DDO and recommend it to everyone I know.

picked it up and going to give it a try. Can't find my baldur gate cd's and was kinda in the mood for some D & D

i play quite a bit with friends since before it went free.

my first mmo game ever....im a fps gamer, but i played dnd on paper back in highschool over a decade ago, so i always did like the game just now with the gfx its lots of fun.

we play on khyber. look up asiob some time.

Started a few weeks ago. It helps to be familiar with 3.5ed ruleset.

You also have to take some time to get used to the interface - a weak point of the game.

Otherwise, it's pretty fun. As was mentioned above, it's a blast to play with friends. Check out the forums and read up on a number of builds / ways to get the most of whatever you put into it.

I started a cleric on kyber. Named Malivan. Don't get to play much but look me up if you ever need a rookie cleric. Its been years since I played though. funny thing is I still remember alot of these quests.

about a group of 6-8 of my friends all started playing once it went free, and are having a blast. Its the most fun grouping MMO i've played, but, solo-ing i def think would not be as fun

about a group of 6-8 of my friends all started playing once it went free, and are having a blast. Its the most fun grouping MMO i've played, but, solo-ing i def think would not be as fun

It isn't but the group finder thing is pretty handy for that. Met a rogue and we just stayed grouped together all morning for most of the quests. We did all of them on hard and a couple on elite which was a blast.

If you could have 3-4 people to play with on a regular basis this game would be a hoot.

Back