any company doing holds?

Bravo25

Limp Gawd
So before the 1080ti came out micro center did a hold on one for me using my micro center cc. I called to do the same for a 3090 and they said they don't do that and acted like they didn't know what I was talking about when I told them how it worked with the 1080 ti. So... Is there any companies in the USA doing pre-orders or 'holds' if you have a line of credit with them?

Last I've heard is that there would be no pre-orders with the 30 series cards. Just keep an eye out towards mid-late week in case some some sites change their minds

Good. Pre-orders attracts the horders who buy up stock just to sell them at ridiculous markups on Ebay. Let it be first come first serve on release day. I like that move by Nvidia.

Per what has come out in the Nvidia forums, sales will open at 6AM (Pacific) on the various launch days.

Wait long enough it will be easier but I heard first stock will be cheaper than later stock in the year. Gotta love Nvidia price gouge. Make it hard to get to raise prices.

Per what has come out in the Nvidia forums, sales will open at 6AM (Pacific) on the various launch days.

So does that mean that people on the east coast can buy up all the stock and leave us west coasters with nada? How will they know I'm on the west coast if I use my VPN?

So does that mean that people on the east coast can buy up all the stock and leave us west coasters with nada? How will they know I'm on the west coast if I use my VPN?
The release time is supposed to be 6am Pacific but you know someone will release earlier. As far as holds go Nvidia did say no preorders but I have a preorders own two different sites for 3080s and my wife a couple preorders for 3090s.

The release time is supposed to be 6am Pacific but you know someone will release earlier. As far as holds go Nvidia did say no preorders but I have a preorders own two different sites for 3080s and my wife a couple preorders for 3090s.

You know I gotta ask. How did you pull that off?

You know I gotta ask. How did you pull that off?
Listings went up instead of as place holders actual buy links. The wife found the first links via r/nvidia. Some sites have cancelled, some have keft them alone. All of ours are still fine, one actually adjusted the price of one of my wife's down from 2400 to 16 something. She doesn't want the site she had hers posted but I'm ok saying mine. I ordered from b&h on an Asus Turf early and a MSI on Amazon.

Like this one is CDW

Last edited:

That's just the time when the pre-orders go live online. They listed it in Pacific time. For people on the East Coast it'll be 9AM instead. Your VPN shouldn't matter. Like others have said, you know someone is going to go live early, though. Happens with everything. I'm planning on opening a pile of product tabs on the various sites and F5'ing up a storm a couple hours early.

Micro center only have the 3080 in stock, but its the one listed for 70 dollars more because of a 49Mhz OC...

I'm busy trying to get a PS5, but I saw at least one card in stock on NewEgg this morning. Nada on Amazon thus far.

I'm busy trying to get a PS5, but I saw at least one card in stock on NewEgg this morning. Nada on Amazon thus far.

I decided im waiting until Cyber Punk comes out to upgrade. The most demanding game I play right now is Kenshi, lol.

Back