any CCNA 's in here?

bluesmap

Limp Gawd
i was thinking, for someone who has basic to no understanding of ccna material what would be the prerequisite before trying to go for CCNA certification???
would it be something like A+ to Network+ before attempting CCNA certification? can someone maybe offer some advice?

thanks for any information

if wrong section, sorry,

what is your general background with computers? just a user? enthusiast? administrator? regardless, to be fair, you could probably just dive right in...

if you want some hand holding, and depedant upon your timescales and finances, one way for you to achieve it would be through the cisco academy... (the other advantage of doing it this way is that a) you get to meet people along the way and b) they will have a decent lab of kit for you to play with).

alternatively, get yourself a couple of books, a few bits of kit of the bay, start to play - and then ask lots of questions!

The Network+ would be a nice intro, if you have little to no knowledge of networking in general, and want some background info.

I read the N+ book , didn't take the test, it seemed pretty stupid. Then I took a CCNA bootcamp, passed the CCNA and have been moving on from there. I have Bluecoat, Linux and most of the CCSP finished.

Don't waste your time on taking the N+, it's a good simple book that get's you into it networking, the CCNA is where you should focus. Also, learn Linux and Windows (Active Directory), it'll help.

Side note: CCNAs 's denoes possession, small s denotes plurality.

I see people do this all the time in tech circles "Hay guys, does anyone have superawesomeprogram on their PC's?"

end derail for minor pet peeve.

Back