Any body playing KOTOR 1 or 2 with a 8800

DeChache

Supreme [H]ardness
I just found KOTOR 2 a couple months ago and I like the game but ever since I installed the 8800 I cant keep it running for more then a couple minutes with out crashing.

Anybody having the same issue or maybe know what I can do. As of right now I think the 7800GT is going back in. Im in this retro gaming kick right now because most the new games suck.:rolleyes: So the 7800 is more then enough power.

Not to mention KOTOR was running better on the 7800GT.

I'm sure it's one of the many driver issues. Try out the 7800GT.

EDIT: A quick google reveals that although people seem to have issues, some are able to run on 8800s while others aren't. Have you tried killing all of your background/system tray programs?

I reinstalled both KoTOR and KoTOR2 and played both on my 8800 GTS. Yes they are both buggy because of driver issues with 8800's but KoTOR is much more playable the KoTOR2, just save often. Also what driver are you running? i'm running the new 97.92 WHQL and it works quite well for me. was running the 97.44 before that without much issue.

I haven't updated drivers yet but I might try it before I swap the cards back tomorrow

I recently finished KOTOR 1 on my 8800GTX SLi and it ran amazing, I was playing with 16QxAA/16xAF with no issues. It did lock up randomly but im talking, really random... like once every other day if that.

I just started KOTOR2 again and have no issues but don't play it as long as stretches because the huge UI turns me off.

Back