Any BES users? Logging Question

TechieSooner

Supreme [H]ardness
Alright, so I've got the BES logging turned on.

My only problem is how in the world to report this stuff.
It logs everything, from everyone, in a single CSV file. How do I say I just want the text records from Joe from 10/25-10/31? Is there anyway at all to produce some sort of reporting?

IIRC no. However you could take the report that it runs and pipe that specific info to another CSV. You are talking about user level logging (SMS, Calls In/Out, etc) rather than system level logging correct?

Right...

It stores stuff like, today, would be
110209.csv (or however it names it) and it just throws texts from EVERYONE into this file.
110109.csv would've been yesterday's.

It's just a major pain if I want text records from user XXXX for a time period, you know?

I see the best way to do this is using third-party software but spending $$$ really isn't an option right now.

now i'm no data analyst or DBA or business intelligence guru by any means....but I think there is a way to parse those .csv files into either an excel spreadsheet or access db then move them into a SQL database so you can query it, or there may be a possible way to get a .csv file directly into a SQL database.

either way i think thats going to be the only way to get meaningful data out of it is to get it into a database/table form and then query for what you want to see.

Back