Any Battlefield 2142 tips? And a technical question!

Roufuss

Gawd
I've had this game for a long time (got it for free!) and decided to give it a whirl today.

Wow... after Quake Wars, TF 2, and CoD 4, this game just seems too... slow, maybe? Anybody have any tips on how to possibly get better? The accuracy seems way off too.

On an unrelated note, how comes Gamespy says there are something like 1,200 servers and 6,000 people playing, but I'm only getting 300 servers at the most (with all options unchecked) and maybe 1,000 people? I patched up to 1.4 but it seems I'm not getting nearly as many servers / players as I should be? Or could it just be the No-DVD exe I'm using? I don't get kicked out of games at all, though.

Maybe you aren't seeing servers because you have filters on?

The trick to hitting anything more than a few feet away is to crouch first, then fire short bursts at the upper chest, so the recoil carries your next shots up to their head. Going prone will actually take away accuracy for a few seconds(their way of removing dolphin diving), so don't do that.

Right click and pull up the scope.

If you think 2142 is slow paced, you should try BF2. Holy molasses.

Maybe you aren't seeing servers because you have filters on?

The trick to hitting anything more than a few feet away is to crouch first, then fire short bursts at the upper chest, so the recoil carries your next shots up to their head. Going prone will actually take away accuracy for a few seconds(their way of removing dolphin diving), so don't do that.

Yea, I turned all the filters off and finally got around 1444 servers (same as Gamespy says) but no way there is 7000 people currently playing, so not sure where they get their info from. Still a good number of people though.

Thanks for the tips, definitely, I'm gonna start applying them now. Though I did see some people going prone as soon as I started firing? Maybe they didn't get the memo lol. I know about the scope, still seems like my accuracy sucks though compared to everything else I've been playing.

Met, I actually have BF 2 and all it's expansions, got them super cheap at the last CC sale (like $10 for everything cheap), however I already had 2142 open so I figured I'd see if it was my style before I rip open all the BF 2's and then I'm stuck with them since it ties your account name to your cd key and all that garbage.

Ugh, still getting killed in like 2 seconds when I respawn, maybe people just have better guns than me I guess... seems to be chaos, hard to advance on a position at all when shit rains down overhead, guns shooting me from everywhere, and dying in 2 seconds. Most of my gametime seems to be me seeing the "Critically wounded" screen lol.

Come run with me on our server sometime.

Get in a squad so you can all share intel thru the NetBat Helmet system. It really makes a difference. Also, if you have sucky guns, do a support role, bring some ammo and stay back. Just make sure to whip out the ammo hub and you will get some points.

Once you rank up, focus on one tree to get to the top. I would suggest the Voss as it's my favorite gun to use for assault. Don't spread your first few easy to get precious unlocks all over the place.. focus on a single unlock goal.

And on the No-DVD .exe that you are using, it is one of the 175+ MD5 checks that are out now. If the server you are playing on is a PsB member server, you will most likely get kicked for having altered files.

Come run with me on our server sometime.

Get in a squad so you can all share intel thru the NetBat Helmet system. It really makes a difference. Also, if you have sucky guns, do a support role, bring some ammo and stay back. Just make sure to whip out the ammo hub and you will get some points.

Once you rank up, focus on one tree to get to the top. I would suggest the Voss as it's my favorite gun to use for assault. Don't spread your first few easy to get precious unlocks all over the place.. focus on a single unlock goal.

And on the No-DVD .exe that you are using, it is one of the 175+ MD5 checks that are out now. If the server you are playing on is a PsB member server, you will most likely get kicked for having altered files.

Yea, I decided to put all my unlocks towards one category for Assault right now. It's the one with the Netbat helmet? Not sure what gun it's going towards! I will definitely visit your server.

The game is starting to be fun, it just takes a long time to get good at, imo ;) It's definitely different than the other, faster paced shooters on the market.

I just hope I didn't start playing too late, but the player base seems to be there so I'll keep playing it... doesn't seem like everyone is going to abandon it any time soon.

Nobody really uses the chat box though? Do more people use a headset?

Right click and pull up the scope.

If you think 2142 is slow paced, you should try BF2. Holy molasses.

Agreed. Not a TF/Quake/Doom like shooter at all in speed. It might make your brain melt to play BF for a while then go back. ;)

I've had this game for a long time (got it for free!) and decided to give it a whirl today.

Wow... after Quake Wars, TF 2, and CoD 4, this game just seems too... slow, maybe? Anybody have any tips on how to possibly get better? The accuracy seems way off too.

Well those are typical fast paced games. BF2142 is like BF2 (if you played it). It'll be slower probably because they want you to use strategy rather than running around one shotting everyone.

When I played last, there were no issues with accuracy. Of course there will be recoil while firing but you just need to know how to fire from a distance and up close.

If you're not accustomed to this type of game play, it may take some time getting used to. But it's a great game and I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

yeah BF2142 isn't the same as doom/quake/TF, it deals with more strategy, i play it from time to time and certain maps (and if you have good players), the game gets pretty intense.

One of the main differences between COD4 and BF2142 are the maps. In BF the maps are MUCH MUCH larger. This is why everything seems slower, because all the players are more spread out. You don't have all the players on both sides crammed into a single spot fighting over a single choke point. This is my main frustration with COD4, most maps descend into grenade\airstrike spamming because their isn't enough room to maneuver, and frankly I am beginning to get tired of the randomly thrown willy-nilly grenade killing me.

So my advice to you is to use the terrain, you don't have to use the roads go cross country if you need try to sneak up on the enemy from behind.

I really enjoyed BF2 and haven't played in a log time because I have no internet at the moment. I'm not into really fast games. And I enjoy games with real guns and and tanks and stuff.

Haven't tried BF2142 yet.

I also liked CS S.

I agree that when you first start you do get killed all the time and are completely lost.
But If you spend some time and join a squad it can become lots of fun.

I really miss not playing online so go have and dedicate a few kills to me.
hehehehe

Back