Any Artic Liquid Freezer 360 users here? Considering one for the 9900k

LGabrielPhoto

2[H]4U
Hello!
Just trying to get some feedback about the 360 version as it seems all reviews are for the smaller ones. Hoping that they didnt mess anything up with the larger unit as I am considering it for the 9900k. The other unit I was considering is the newest Swiftech ones.

Thanks

ive no experience with the arctic 360 but it looks like a decent asetek build aio. the price is right too. the swiftech units are solid from what ive seen but they are really hard to find. if you can find one i would go for it but i cant see anything wrong with the arctic unit either.

actually newegg has the swiftech unit. i would say go with the swiftech x3. being upgradeable rather than a throw away unit is worth it by itself.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835108223&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Liquid+/+Water+Cooling-_-N82E16835108223&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIi8L4trOn3gIVCVuGCh32RQijEAQYASABEgKDTfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

ive no experience with the arctic 360 but it looks like a decent asetek build aio. the price is right too. the swiftech units are solid from what ive seen but they are really hard to find. if you can find one i would go for it but i cant see anything wrong with the arctic unit either.

actually newegg has the swiftech unit. i would say go with the swiftech x3. being upgradeable rather than a throw away unit is worth it by itself.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835108223&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Liquid+/+Water+Cooling-_-N82E16835108223&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIi8L4trOn3gIVCVuGCh32RQijEAQYASABEgKDTfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I like the 240 Freezer reviews with performance and noise levels beating most of the products it was compared against so that, and the fact that it comes with six fans in the case of the 360mm really caught my attention. I mean, I would expect it to be just better than the 240 at least.
But yeah, the Swiftech looks like a really looks well build and as you mentioned it is upgradeable or do some maitenance after 3 years or so as suggested vs the sealed Freezer. Then again my Thermaltake has been running for 5 years and still going strong. lol
Sadly I cannot find reviews for either of those specific products at this point but indeed, Swiftech is pulling ahead for me.

PS Just noticed a review was posted a couple of days ago
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Swiftech/Swiftech_H360X3_Drive_X3_AIO/

oh yeah, im sure the arctic 360 outperforms the 240. its hard to say how the push/pull of the 360 would perform. most push/pull configs are only a couple of degrees better than push only but with a thin high fpi rad it could be impressive. no idea what type the 360 has just putting that out there. without someone reviewing it properly its hard to say if the fans help or are a hindrance in that they may be loud.

oh yeah, im sure the arctic 360 outperforms the 240. its hard to say how the push/pull of the 360 would perform. most push/pull configs are only a couple of degrees better than push only but with a thin high fpi rad it could be impressive. no idea what type the 360 has just putting that out there. without someone reviewing it properly its hard to say if the fans help or are a hindrance in that they may be loud.
Yeah I read something about the fans being 3 pin only and always running at max speed which kind of doesnt make sense to me.
Oh well, guess at the rate 9900k is showing available for purchase...I have plenty of time to decide lol

you could always replace them with noctuas or silent wing 3s but the cost may be prohibitive lol. altho there is a small fan controller made by alphacool that will control 3 pins quite nicely its also pwm capable. Aquacomputer SPLITTY9 Splitter
https://modmymods.com/aquacomputer-splitty9-splitter-53231.html
i dont remember how many 3 pin fans i ran with it but it controlled them just like they were pwm fans. im not sure about its power limits tho.

you could always replace them with noctuas or silent wing 3s but the cost may be prohibitive lol. altho there is a small fan controller made by alphacool that will control 3 pins quite nicely its also pwm capable. Aquacomputer SPLITTY9 Splitter
https://modmymods.com/aquacomputer-splitty9-splitter-53231.html
i dont remember how many 3 pin fans i ran with it but it controlled them just like they were pwm fans. im not sure about its power limits tho.
Good idea on that. Thanks.
I hate spending hours and hours AND hours doing research for an upgrade. That is why I like to buy the best I can afford so I dont have to do it for a LONG time LOL

Yeah I read something about the fans being 3 pin only and always running at max speed which kind of doesnt make sense to me.
Oh well, guess at the rate 9900k is showing available for purchase...I have plenty of time to decide lol

The Arctic Liquid Freezer 360 has PWM fans with PWM sharing. You can plug one fan into the other fan, and they will run at the same speed. You can connect all 6 together so they all run the same speed. The cooler also comes with an adapter so you can have your motherboard header control PWM but it draws power from a Sata power cable directly from your PSU so that you don't blow your fan header trying to power all 6 fans.

Back