any apps that grab network printer drivers to your machine?

oROEchimaru

Supreme [H]ardness
i tried driver grabber and driver collector. both did a great job grabbing drivers other than networked printer drivers (winxp machines with win2k3 servers)

anyone know of any useful apps for grabbing all the drivers, saving them into a folder for your network printers? thanks!

I don't have anything like that, we just keep a folder structure of all of our printers as we install them out on our company file server, and a text with the IP, but I thought I would share this command:

RUNDLL32 PRINTUI.DLL,PrintUIEntry /il /c\\%machine%

That will let you add printers remotely, and I wrote the following simple batch script to make it a little easier:

@echo off
echo Please type the hostname of the PC you'd like to install printer for.
echo For local machine, simply type the local hostname.
set /p machine=Hostname:
RUNDLL32 PRINTUI.DLL,PrintUIEntry /il /c\\%machine%

wow that could be very handy:)

well i just wanted to make a database of printer drivers for the helpdesk techs without bothering engeering staff to citrix server. if anyone has more ideas keep sharing them!

that way i could make a mini-driver pack of common cannon/hp printers...

if not if anyone has a could driver site that has 100+ printers in one file that would be nice.. most of them are viruses from what i found or fake driver packs.

where do you type in the ip of the printer or printer name if not on the server, but on a different pc with the same domain?

We only print directly to IP printers, so I'm not sure what the command is to connect to shared printers. Except obviously connecting to the hosts printers share \\computername\printers and double click to connect, but then you wouldn't need a database of drivers since the drivers are shared, and I don't know how to do this remotely.

ahh ok. we do that once in a while on local machines. priamrily install from server. but it would be nice to grab the server versions for local installs (the drivers)

Back