Any advice or help would to figure this problem out would be greatly appreciated

Hi Everyone im new here and new to the higher end performance of AMD hardware.

My Build:
Case: Cooler Master HAF X ATX Full size Tower Case
Mobo: Asus Tuf X570 Plus (without WIFI)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900X
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 gig (2x 8 gig) 3600 mhZ CAS Latency CL18 (18-22-22-42) at 1.35V
PSU: EVGA Supernova 850 G3 Gold
Video Card: Nvidia GTX 980 (yea its the only part i was waiting to replace till the 3070 release)

BIOS Version: 1407

the issue i'm having is i'm experiencing alot of WHEA-Logger Warnings that state

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Unknown Error Source
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 1
sometimes the APIC ID is 0 as well

This all started one night at like 12:30am about a week or so ago my Chrome started crashing and closing from Access_Violation or Heap_Corruption after that happened a few times i got a blue screen and a restart..when i checked the Event viewer after the restart the error was Kernel-Power which i found my power supply at the time was starting to die and saw the PSU fan not spinning so i promptly shut the PC down and ordered a replacement..Which leads me to now ..im still getting the WHEA warnings..I ran memtests on my memory to see if they would throw any errors they did not. the D.O.C.P setting in my BIOS seems to cause warnings to happen alot more and its the only way my ram will run at the specified 3600 mhz. if i turn off DOCP my ram runs at 2133 mhz and i still get the warnings. also i notice the VCore voltage jumps around from ranges 0.3v - 1.4v while idle but while researching i read that was normal for ryzen cpus due to the cores going to sleep etc.. All these issues happen while idle i did notice the warnings did stop or didnt happen as frequent when under load. At this point im at a loss and have no idea how to stop these warnings are causing me to panic and im afraid to use my PC much or play games cause i dont wanna damage anything. im not looking to overclock my system even tho i have the means too cause i dont wanna lower the life span of my system. Currently all my BIOS setting are default and DOCP is disabled until i can hopefully get some help. any insight would be great.

Last edited:
What's your memory voltage set at, what voltage does the box for the memory say it's rated for (ed: ah, 1.35v)? Make sure it's at least set to that voltage, can increase a bit from there if still unstable.

What's your memory voltage set at, what voltage does the box for the memory say it's rated for (ed: ah, 1.35v)? Make sure it's at least set to that voltage, can increase a bit from there if still unstable.
imma be honest I never really manually set settings in the bios especially for memory. The DOCP profile sets it to 1.35v and it seems like when DOCP is active any programs that are open just start closing at random intervals could be a few mins or a few hrs with an error with a faulty module path with ntdll.dll

Last edited:
Could these issues all stem from windows? My windows version is the dreaded 2004 Update... the reason I ask is because the faulty crash path coming from system32 and being a .dll file.

Could these issues all stem from windows? My windows version is the dreaded 2004 Update... the reason I ask is because the faulty crash path coming from system32 and being a .dll file.
Sometimes it says 1.35v (for example) but doesn't actually set it. Should say in the overclocking settings, or the monitoring page.

It also may not be setting some of the timings or subtimings correctly with DOCP enabled. If you can, I'd download the ryzen memory timing calculator and try one of the relaxed profiles. If that works, you can try a more agressive profile and see if it stays stable.

I doubt the system files are corrupted, unless windows installed a system update while you were in an unstable configuration. If they are, you'd have to attempt a system repair, or do a fresh install. Would be easier to try getting the memory stable imo, even if that means giving your memory details (chip manufacturer and revision) to somebody and having them run the memory timing calculator. If it's still unstable, we can try troubleshooting windows.

ill second the moar juice recommendation, 1.4v should do and possibly turn off xmp/docp and manually set the speed/timing/voltage.
2004 is fine.

Im gonna need the Thaiphoon burner and the Ryzen dram calc correct?..also should I stay on the 1407 bios or go to a newer one?

Im gonna need the Thaiphoon burner and the Ryzen dram calc correct?..also should I stay on the 1407 bios or go to a newer one?
Yeah. I would try putting the timings manually first. Don't like fooling with bios flashes with possibly unstable memory.

In the Thaiphoon burner it’s giving me Samsung C-die and that’s not in the calculator or at least I can’t find it lol..doesn’t even have my revision 02h

Last edited:
In the Thaiphoon burner it’s giving me Samsung C-die and that’s not in the calculator or at least I can’t find it lol..doesn’t even have my revision 02h
Huh, you got me...

I found a reddit post which linked to a forum, where I assume they did some manual adjustments, but nothing else yet. Can't read in to much right now, on the clock.

Just checked my part number of my memory against the qvl Of the tuf X570 plus and it’s not on the list atleast i couldnt find it

1602624514777.png

Last edited:
Just checked my part number of my memory against the qvl Of the tuf X570 plus and it’s not on the list atleast i couldnt find it

View attachment 288476

never messed with samsung C die but i'd try bumping the voltage to 1.38v and see if it stablizes. you can also try disabling gear down mode and see if that helps. you can also try bumping SOC voltage from 1.1 to 1.12v and see if that helps as well.

I would update the bios without hesitation or fear. I take exception to reservations in this regard. You are 5 generations behind in terms of a bios updates. The AGESA update alone for security should be paramount but the memory, stability and performance updates are critical for a well tuned system to work with current drivers. If you have issues after that report them to Asus support and consider hardware issues. The first thing support would tell you is to update the bios which is all you need to know.

Version 2607 2020/08/1718.83 MBytes
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS BIOS 2607
"Improve system performance and stability
Improve Fan control function
Improve DRAM stability
Update AM4 AGESA combo V2 PI 1.0.8.0

edit
That memory is excellent for AMD and the x570 motherboards do not be concerned it is not on the QVL list that is what the bios updates are for among other things.

the issue i'm having is i'm experiencing alot of WHEA-Logger Warnings that state

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Oh dreaded WHEA errors... That's typically a ram or imc issue or both. That ram you got is really low end with extremely slow timings. You should not be raising the imc voltage as the imc isn't being pushed hard unless there's a defect in it.

You should lower the ram speed to the lowest setting and see if you still get errors.

Oh dreaded WHEA errors... That's typically a ram or imc issue or both. That ram you got is really low end with extremely slow timings. You should not be raising the imc voltage as the imc isn't being pushed hard unless there's a defect in it.

You should lower the ram speed to the lowest setting and see if you still get errors.
Me and a friend have the exact same build except he has the x570 with WiFi and he has a better GPU...I bought some faster trident z neo ram that he has which is 16-19-19-39..gonna see if that fixes it cause he doesn’t get these things.. so heres to hoping

Me and a friend have the exact same build except he has the x570 with WiFi and he has a better GPU...I bought some faster trident z neo ram that he has which is 16-19-19-39..gonna see if that fixes it cause he doesn’t get these things.. so heres to hoping

Those gskill hynix sticks should work fine.

Installed the new ram and updated the bios, docp is off, and the bios settings are all at default and the whea warnings are still there..according to hwinfo64 under The area where it tells what WHEA errors are happening it says CPU Cache L0 error

Installed the new ram and updated the bios, docp is off, and the bios settings are all at default and the whea warnings are still there..according to hwinfo64 under The area where it tells what WHEA errors are happening it says CPU Cache L0 error

Why did you not use docp? Did you set the settings manually then?

Yea still getting them after setting the dram voltage to 1.4 and the vddcr soc to 1.05

Try this, load optimized defaults, then enable docp. Confirm that the ram is at 1.35v. Scroll up and change dram speed to 2400mhz. Now see if you are still getting the error.

Imho, he tried two sets of ram and updated the bios, and still gets the same errors: either his os is fubar (don't think so) or it's the mb/cpu.

I would pull the RAM and CPU, and check the sockets and pins for damage, then reinstall and try again. If it still has the errors, attempt to repair or reinstall windows (or install on a spare drive if you have one). If it still has errors, I strongly suspect cpu/mb.

Or, you could move the drive to another PC with similar hardware and check for errors. Errors in this case would suggest it is a software problem (driver or os).

What’s weird is it was working fine until the psu i replaced cause the fan stopped spinning...I wonder if the old psu maybe surged the mobo or cpu when it started to fail...or I just never noticed the errors until the first crash in chrome and decided to look which happened to be the same time as the psu failing

That could be or not, who knows? I couldn't make that determination from here. But its looking like it is a bad component, cpu more likely.

Last edited:
Only time I've seen this error consistently was a bad cpu. Have you checked for missing or bent cpu pins?

Back