Any advantage with digital voltage regulation

wesleys_dad

[H]ard|Gawd
I currently run an asus m4a79 dlx and am unhappy with the overvolting of the board and vdroop with the 8+2 phase regulation...
im considering buying a dfi 790gx or fx board with digital voltage regulation...does this stop or minimize vdroop and on these dfi boards when you set vcore at lets say 1.35v do you get that or some value higher...
my abit ax78 was so spot on with voltages that i got spoiled....
it just sounds like digital pwm voltage control is the future and companies are slowly migrating to it......

A digital VRM will increase the stability and "cleanliness" of the power delivered to the CPU, but will not necessarily improve Vdroop.

yes, and tho dfi claims they are using digital regulation, it is actually a hybrid. this thing about dig/ana or the number of phases is mostly marketing. but a board with 18 phase digital, will be more effiicient and deliver cleaner power to cpu, ram and nb, depending on how is distributed. but it's not like an 18 phase digital pwm board will overclock significantly better than a board with 6 or 8 phase analog. if it does, its probably not because of the number and type of voltage reg.

Back