Any 980 Ti SLi OC vs. 1080 SLi OC benchmarks?

KickAssCop

[H]F Junkie
Scoured most 1080 threads on these forums but failed to find some SLi benches with overclocks. Any information, either professional or user, would be extremely helpful for me to gauge if this is a worthy upgrade.

Ideally, would like 1440, 21:9 1440 and 4K benches with real games but am OK with some synthetics as well.

Hit me!

Definitely feels like a sidegrade thus far (went from TITAN X SLI to 1080 FE SLI) - but it cost me about $375 in total so I'm happy.

My only reference point is 3DMark and ARK: Survival Evolved so far. I have not done exhaustive testing. Hoping the new HB SLI bridges add some performance.

You would expect the 1080 to do significantly better in games if you go by the [H] review. Also I wonder with this are they using the new SLI bridge (doubt it), or if that even matters.

Last edited:
You would expect the 1080 to do significantly better in games if you go by the [H] review. Also I wonder with this are they using the new SLI bridge (doubt it), or if that even matters.

Yeah same thoughts here. I really want a PCPER review with frame times. Tempted to lose my shit and go from a Titan X to 1080 SLI, move the Titan X to a rig with a 970 in it.

Looking at the [H] single card review and the Witcher 3 it went from 45 FPS (980ti) to 58, that's about 29% increase....

I wish the Titan launched first, it irks me to buy a 300mm^2 GPU on a new node. A maxed die would be ideal and probably last forever. I have this feeling they are only going to do 500mm^2 or something disappointing to give them a way to increase performance later.

So right now it's tempting to get 2x1080, I despise mGPU though, but a single 1080 isn't very enticing.

Last edited:
Yeah same thoughts here. I really want a PCPER review with frame times. Tempted to lose my shit and go from a Titan X to 1080 SLI, move the Titan X to a rig with a 970 in it.

Looking at the [H] single card review and the Witcher 3 it went from 45 FPS (980ti) to 58, that's about 29% increase....

I wish the Titan launched first, it irks me to buy a 300mm^2 GPU on a new node. A maxed die would be ideal and probably last forever. I have this feeling they are only going to do 500mm^2 or something disappointing to give them a way to increase performance later.

So right now it's tempting to get 2x1080, I despise mGPU though, but a single 1080 isn't very enticing.
Agreed. Went SLI this gen (2x980) but mGPU is really annoying, with so many games lacking support. Going to try to live with a single 1080 until this gen's titan comes out.

Back