Any 7970s in stock?

jeffxx

n00b
Was looking to buy one of these tomorrow. Could anyone help me out with a place that has these in stock?

Newegg has a diamond in stock right now, just checked. They've been easy to come by. Did you even look? If they're out when you see this, check a couple of times tomorrow. Easy peezy.

Is diamond a good card? I was mostly looking for an ASUS or XFX. I should of specified.

Is diamond a good card? I was mostly looking for an ASUS or XFX. I should of specified.

All the cards out besides the XFX black are reference cards so they are all the same, only difference is the warranty offered by diff companies, I have the Diamond 7970 and have used Diamond in the past a few times and have never been let down.

Nice, newegg has them in stock again. Either yesterday or the day before I thought I saw them completely out lol.

I'd get the Diamond. They are reference cards. I've never had a ATI/AMD reference card fail on me (that was not abused), unlike Nvidia...

Whats your opinion on Gigabyte? I am supposed to pick mine up at MicroCenter tomorrow but am a lil hesitant as I never used them before.

I'm still on the fence about the card to be honest. I have an HD 5870 right now and all I play is WoW and SW:ToR. I know tor could use some help but wow is simple to run. Not quite sure if it's worth the upgrade at 1080p.

Gigabyte is excellent. If they weren't sold out I would have gone with them.

I'm still on the fence about the card to be honest. I have an HD 5870 right now and all I play is WoW and SW:ToR. I know tor could use some help but wow is simple to run. Not quite sure if it's worth the upgrade at 1080p.

at 1080p single monitor the 7970 is overkill, its good for eyefinity though, stick with your 5870 unless you just cant live without a 7970, its your money, but if i didnt have three monitors I wouldnt have picked one up. XFX just got in stock ay newegg.

That's what I'm thinking. SW:Tor is a bit choppy so I'd be upgrading for that. Decisions decisions...

I find it odd they replenish stock at 10PM PST, regardless of how they calculate inventory.

I found neweggs stocking times odd to, i called them a few days ago and the guy i spoke to said the stocking department was open 24-7, dont know how true this is but it seems highly likely.

I found neweggs stocking times odd to, i called them a few days ago and the guy i spoke to said the stocking department was open 24-7, dont know how true this is but it seems highly likely.

Hmm, honestly could careless. But I find it a little "unfair" on hot products like this.. should be released once a day, or noticed given. Just my opinion here. East coast is dead sleeping and West coast is still pretty lively. Chances are most people grabbing these released XFX are going to be on the West coast. Mind you at times it favors other areas, it shouldn't favor anyone... where am I going with this? :eek:

Hmm, honestly could careless. But I find it a little "unfair" on hot products like this.. should be released once a day, or noticed given. Just my opinion here. East coast is dead sleeping and West coast is still pretty lively. Chances are most people grabbing these released XFX are going to be on the West coast. Mind you at times it favors other areas, it shouldn't favor anyone... where am I going with this? :eek:

unfair it may be but newegg is a buisness, they sell em when they get em, buisness waits for no man.

No matter what time they post them, it will always favor someone and disadvantage someone else. Just post them asap so they can move stock.

No matter what time they post them, it will always favor someone and disadvantage someone else. Just post them asap so they can move stock.

Do they get random shipments all times of the day? Or maybe by the time they unpack their deliveries its that time of night... anywho... :p

at 1080p single monitor the 7970 is overkill, its good for eyefinity though, stick with your 5870 unless you just cant live without a 7970, its your money, but if i didnt have three monitors I wouldnt have picked one up. XFX just got in stock ay newegg.

And at 1080p 120Hz?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Newegg man. They sometimes get restocked within the same day. That's where I got both of my 7970's from. When I went to get the second one they were out of stock, Checked back the same day and they had more in stock. Just keep checking back every so often. You can alternatively have them autonotify you when they come back into stock but there is some lag between when they show up in the store as in stock and when you recieve e-mail saying that they are. Good Luck:)

Bah, I bought a Gigabyte 7970 two days ago from Newegg, then got cold feet about spending that much on a video card and canceled the order. Then I changed my mind and decided to order it again, but it was out of stock.

Last night at 12:30am it's back in stock at Newegg, but I get some weird paypal error and ten minutes later when it's all worked out, I get a message from Newegg at checkout that it's sold out and that my cart is not empty.

I don't want to buy the Diamond Card... #FirstWorldProblems

I ordered the diamond card. If they are all reference cards what is the big deal?

diamond is probably one of the oldest people around, i remember all kinds of 3dfx diamond stuff :p think they made sound cards too.

im waiting for the non reference cards. Then well the rest of the line of cards as well.

interested in seeing the 7870, and the 7950.

Most of the difference between the various brands is based on customer service level and extra bits in the retail package. I was going to pick up the diamond package, but I've read some horrid stuff about their C.S.

To be fair, almost all companies have at least one or two horror stories, but usually they also have a few positive as well. I'm waiting on the Gigabyte to come back in stock.

Another thing to think about is try to use the HardOCP commissioned buying links when you shop at the Egg. I'm sure Kyle and Steve would appreciate it. To be honest I completely forgot sorry guys:(

Back