Any 4k monitors over 60hz yet?

Any release dates yet? I wish there was a 21:9 version as well :)

As usual they'll price gouge the first adopters. I must wait at least a year.

Yeah but I want something in the 40-50 inch size and what that article is talking about isnt it. Great for those wanting 27" monitors though.

Yeah but I want something in the 40-50 inch size and what that article is talking about isnt it. Great for those wanting 27" monitors though.

Is that what the first ones will be? 27"? I really think they should be 30 or 32".

Well, I'm guessing 27" will probably be one of them but they haven't specifically stated they would go bigger than 34". Which is what I'm interested in.

As usual they'll price gouge the first adopters. I must wait at least a year.

predator buyers remained on top of the food chain longer than a year. i doubt 18 months after launch there will be cheaper alternatives with the same feature list. predators do not have a cheaper alternative until today.

Is that what the first ones will be? 27"? I really think they should be 30 or 32".

Well, I'm guessing 27" will probably be one of them but they haven't specifically stated they would go bigger than 34". Which is what I'm interested in.

There is only the one 4K 144Hz HDR panel developed at this point, so these first two monitors that have been announced will both be 27". I'm sure more sizes will come later. I'm sure they're going to be very expensive ... but I'm already drooling over one :)

Nvidia have buddied up with AU Optronics to create the first 144Hz 4K gaming screen and the panel is going to get its first outing inside the Asus ROG PG27UQ and the Acer Predator XB272-HDR.

The NVIDIA HDR implementation is clever. Basically the display acts as a normal panel, however when in certain modes the exclusive application just ends up with an expanded color and brightness range. Many games are already rendering to this expanded range internally and using a tone-mapper to fit the screen limitations. This tech just gives a wider range to play with. Normally brightness was mapped from 0 to 1. With HDR 1 is the standard 80 nits and you can assign values greater than 1 to hit the brighter, 12.5 for the 1000 nit max of these new displays. If you're curious take a look through the NVIDIA developer documentation.

We just now have a GPU that can run 4k ultra at 60, how long till we have one that can do it at 100-144? 3-5 years? Personally I don't see the advantage of buying 4k to run at 144hz for games like CS:GO where you turn all the details down to get high frame rates.

I'd buy a 40" 4k at 75hz with freesync or gsync though.

SLI will be required for new games (that support SLI) to really take advantage of the 4K 144 Hz monitors.

First we need to get 4k monitors that will do more than 60Hz. nVidia and AMD will solve the second problem.

while i would like a screen bigger than 27" too, i'm becoming a PPI snob now... 27" 4K are 167 PPI i think. it's all yester-decade once you get to 100 PPI imo

Back