Any 34" Monitors That Are *NON* Ultrawide?

BfA

Limp Gawd
I have a limited space for a monitor and I'm currently using a Dell U3011. After seeing the new monitors that are coming out with bigger screens and higher resolutions I'm wanting to upgrade. The space I have is 36" wide so I need something that fits into that space. I'm just wondering if there are any options out there? I know Dell has the 32" 4k monitor but I'm not sure if that's as big an upgrade physically (not counting the 4k).

Preferably I'd like to get something with G-Sync and at least a 1440p screen. I'm very interested in the Acer Predator XR34 however, I'm not sure if the loss of usable vertical space would make up for the gain of horizontal space as I also do some programming etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Edit: I'm open to having two monitors but am not sure how say two XR34s would work together or if having one upside down would cause an issue due to the large bezel below it.

Last edited:
G-Sync and 1440p only exist, currently, in very few monitors, Asus RoG Swift PG278Q and Acer Predator XB270HU, both of which are only 27".

You may have better luck with Freesync monitors, but FS only works with AMD cards.

Sucks that there isn't anything between 32 and 40 inch that are non ultra wide huh? Getting two Acer ultra wides is going to cost you a lot of money as that will retail for $1300 a pop. It shares the same panel as the LG/Dell 34 inch ultra wides so if you're gonna get two might as well save some money and get 1 Acer and 1 LG/Dell as the secondary display as I don't see why you need a 100Hz refresh rate and G-Sync for a side monitor.

Back