Antminer A3 : 815GH on Blake(2b)

Correct, however I just got a followup email and the impression I'm getting is that the price we are seeing right now isnt what it will be in 30min? I think thats the release time...

Nevertheless I'm going to pick 1 up if its anywhere near that price!

Aww, I'll need to have BCH to purchase this - damn... I was about to plop out my CC and purchase 2 of them as that would return a tidy sum....

Yeah, this looks too lucrative to pass up, especially if it's really shipping in 10 days. Just reloaded BCH on CoinBase, hope I can get one (the S9 sold out really fast, so keep refreshing).

so how much will siacoin drop once this hash power comes online? well technically difficulty goes up, rewards go down.

WTH. Both of my banks are blocking CoinBase. Not sure I can get the BCH in time...

With how volatile the market has been especially today, no way is the price listed accurate. We're gonna have to crunch ROI numbers really fast once we get the official price.

Damn. Just tried 2 more credits cards, nothing will go through. Maybe it wasn't meant to be.

I tried to get one.

only $750 could go through on one of my credit cards to coinbase - since I hadn't bought before that was my max.

I decided I'd send BTC from my ledger to coinbase. I sent .26 to coinbase with fast.

It didn't arrive in 1/2 hour and I missed my 1 hour window.

How strict is bitmain on that one hour? Is it worth sending it a bit late in hopes they haven' canceled - or is it automatically canceled at the one hour mark?

bummer....

It might be worth sending, is your order still showing valid in your account / orders?

It might be worth sending, is your order still showing valid in your account / orders?

Thanks for the tip.

But says expired.

I guess I'll be ready for next time with BCH sitting in wallet.
upload_2018-1-17_2-49-38.png

why are they selling a miner that can mine the value of the sale in less than a week? seems too good to be true.

why are they selling a miner that can mine the value of the sale in less than a week? seems too good to be true.
reddit says because sia's developers had an asic coming to market that was pre-ordered six months ago

this one's faster, and cheaper, and bitmain wants dominance everywhere...

Apparently about 10k of these were sold.. There is an interesting thread on Bitcointalk regarding the sales of these units. Good luck to the folks that bought them here at [H]. Let us know in a few months how the ROI is working out. If 10k are sold, the difficulty will more than double.

If whattomine is accurate with the network hashrate, then adding 10,000 devices @ .8 Gh, the network hashrate will go from ~450 Th/s to ~8,500 Th/s if my math is right...

I have no idea what that would do to difficulty or revenue rates?

Reactions: Parja
like this
If whattomine is accurate with the network hashrate, then adding 10,000 devices @ .8 Gh, the network hashrate will go from ~450 Th/s to ~8,500 Th/s if my math is right...

I have no idea what that would do to difficulty or revenue rates?

Yup, I'm seeing about 466 Th/s. If the 10,000 number is correct, then yup, nethash will jump to about that level. So expect difficulty to jump by almost 20x.

Well, back of the napkin math with a 20x increase in difficulty, the average revenue per day would be about $26.00

That's using : 18191420385385460000 as the difficulty and using 850000 Mh/s @ 1400watts with .1 for kWh

I get $25/day so still profitable and ROI is still only a few months assuming they don't release another batch. Those who get delivery earlier than the rest should have nice gains. Though isn't this release in response to release of asic miner by a competing company? So difficulty will be further increased from those miners too when they come online.

edit: I think I get why they are selling it rather than mining with it themselves now.

ROI is no better than a 1080TI at that point. With more risk. Better hook that thing in the first day it arrives to take advantage of the massive, temporary profits.

:O

There's more batches too, if anyone still wants one.

I think I'm going to pass, too much trouble getting BCH, the banks really want to kill this crypto thing.

I snagged one at the 11PM hour.

$3k risk, but only $750 of it was actually cash from me - the rest was crypto I earned mining. (feels cheaper somehow that way)

I'll try to get started immediately when it comes in. Any resources I can review in advance to determine how to set it up? I'd like to have my ducks in a row. This will be my first ASIC experience.

The Antminer configuration is ez pz.

You'll just want to set it up with an IP address and your pool / wallet info.

So if you don't already have a sia wallet and pool, I'd recommend acquiring those prior to the miners arrival. I'll probably use Nanopool since i use then already for other coins but Bitmain also launched a pool recently and there are several other options.

but the nethash is only 509.1 Th/s.

815Gh/s * 10k units = 8,150 Th/s. 16x as much as the current total nethash.

so that is going to bring difficulty up and rewards way down when 10k units come online.

assuming only 10k, reality maybe 50k units as the market gets flooded.

sia price also increased quite a bit over the last day too, like 50% more.

but yea, a few sweet days of being .1% of total nethash all by yourself would greatly reduce break even time.

edit: ps. PSA, everyone who doesn't have an A3 should just remove blake2b from their algos as it's going to be a total waste of electricity.

Last edited:
So did SIA coin go up in anticipation of it being more active, having greater volume trades because of the ANTMiner release? I'm not clear on the long term impact for coin value of asic miners ----- any difficulty adjustment is made fairly quickly right so shouldn't terribly affect overall life cycle of coin's unmined.

well, looking at Sia difficultly it hasn't changed much for awhile, same with the nethash. so I suppose the price increased just with overall crypto market sentiment which is up today. also could be as well in anticipation of increased difficulty in mining coins means less coins rewards or in other words harder to get the coins so yea some price increase would be expected for that too since again it will be harder to get the coins. but how much more price increase or if it's already priced in now...who knows.

ps. to be clear the number of coins being generated daily shouldn't change just the hash power to get rewarded a coin goes up which is what I mean by harder to get the coins. generally I've notice prices generally increase when the difficulty goes up and rewards go down, atleast with my experience with Eth this is true but there are other factors as well.

Good luck to anyone that got in on first batch - you prob have best chance of actually making your money back. And hopefully it won't be a repeat of the D3 situation where everyone was greedily eyeing calculators showing $8k/month, and by the time they got them in their hands they couldn't even ROI the damn things and rage ensued.

Fwiw Bitmain is heavily email spamming about buying A3's, while they're silent on S9 availability that everyone wants.

Last edited:
Who knows when these A3's are even going to arrive, Bitmain staff is off til the 26th. Shipping is 10 WORKING days from purchase so we wont see them til early February best case scenario...

When I see Bitmain become a player in something, that coin dies to me. My BTC / BCH holdings are steady at $0.00 and I wouldn't touch this with a 39 1/2 foot pole.

My power supply for the S9 came today. Strange because it shipped 2 days ago from China and somehow made it to the US already. Guess they don't mess around with the shipping at least. Now to wait for the S9.

Back