AntLion ModMic 4.0 - $34.99 + $5 shipping

Zalman clip mic + wire hangar + zip ties. Ghetto fabulous.

I ran this setup for quite some time, although depending on your sound input settings the zalmann can be very mediocre as a mic. It needs software noise cancellation maxed to be at all useful.

The Antlion Modmic is far far better quality than the Zalman MIC1 :)

I went through several mics before finding the Modmic and the 4.0 is even better than their previous 2.0 and the iffy 3.0. Highly recommend for those wanting to use quality cans.

Thanks. I'm currently using a Labtec 7330 velcroed to me Sennheiser HD 558's.

lol why do people always talk about the zaleman mic, the zaleman is absolutely about the cheapest worst mic you can buy. The only reason it is even notable is because its a small clip on. Its not in a good position, its has back ground and poor quality, it is cheap and breaks easily.

The antlion mod mic is actually a decent mic. It also allows you to position it in a good spot where a mic should be and you can bend it into any position you want. And if you don't want it around just pull it off the magnet. If you have headphones without a mic this is the way to go. If you want to piss off all the people you talk to online buy the zaleman.

My friend uses the Zalman mic and it sounds like shit

When I went from the Zalman to a ModMic there wasn't a single person that didnt comment on how much of an improvement it was - night and day.

The Antlion Modmic is far far better quality than the Zalman MIC1 :)

I went through several mics before finding the Modmic and the 4.0 is even better than their previous 2.0 and the iffy 3.0. Highly recommend for those wanting to use quality cans.

Yea, great price considering original is $50. Imma grab one, maybe two!

Difference between muteless and muted? A button?

nevermind, found it.

Grabbed 2

there are DIYs out there to make something similar for those who don't want to spend to much.

Last edited:
Product is usually $49.95. Total savings of $14.96.

If you want to be exact, the 49.95 you mentioned is for the muted version on Antlion's website. 42.95 for the mute-less version. The 34.99+5 shipping in OP is for the mute-less version being advertised on Massdrop. If you opted for the muted version, its 5 bucks more, which is what I did. So, 34.99+5 for muted version +5 for shipping which totals 44.99. Have to factor in tax since I live in Cali and Massdrop is based in Cali. I ended up paying 48.36. Antlion would charge 4.78 for shipping so total 54.73 if buying through Antlion. 48.36 compared to 54.73, savings of 6.37. Little off the $5 guesstimation but, like I said, better than no discount.

For anyone wanting to get in on this, they are capping the orders at 1000 and are currently sitting at 934 orders with 1 day left.

I have the new modmic, friends tell me it wasn't as good as my cheap headset. But then I realized the pic part was backwards and I haven't retested it since lol. probably going to be much better I would imagine haha.

Cool product - I used the Zalman for a while and now I just use a Logitech webcam that I let sit on my desk and it works perfectly.

Back