Anti Virus Can't Connect. Need Fast Help

CBR

I Show Old Ladies My Dick Wrappers
I'm fixing a computer for a friend at school and I had to install Norton Anti-Virus. The virus defs are old so I went to update them. When I went to update them the program would try to connect to the server but would time out and would not update. It went through its list of servers, but couldn't connect to any of them. The Norton version is the latest, and is the same I use on my computer. The program is set up to go through the firewall I set up. Everything is identical to that of my computer, using the same connection, the same program, same firewall, everything. But its still not connecting.

I didnt want to set the computer up on my LAN because its infected with virii. So I created a new connection, using my ISP with my username and password so I could control it. I know the connection works because I can browse the internet etc, but the anti-virus is the only thing that can't seem to connect to anything.

I need help, and fast. Please help me.

odd. i've never heard of this before. waaaaaaaitaminute... yes i have.

i don't suppose you could post an image of the desktop of this computer?

i know it sounds toootally unrelated, but it will indeed tell me something.

Ask and ye shall recieve.

screeny.jpg

hmm... what i was thinking of is not there.

i was thinking you might have the portalsearching spyware on there... i do know a way to get rid of it if you have it elsewhere tho (i recall reading about a spyware clogged lan?)

forgive me if i seem a little loopy tonight... it's friday and i'm feeling it :D

I cleaned all the spyware off of the machine. I'm working on getting the viruses off, but I can't till I get the recent defs.

I'll think of something.

as in two days? two weeks? two years?

you don't need to worry unless they're about as old as my last real workstation (a 386 :eek: )

It would be my guess its an older version of the antivirus software... As the years pass by the cd dosn't mysteriously update itself ya know ;)

I got it all worked out. One of the viruses on there was preventing access to anything related to Symantec.com.

Its clean now and the defs are recent.

Back