anti-reflective LCD screen protector?

xXaNaXx

Gawd
ok, the glare screen on my laptop is about to drive me nucking futs, since it's mostly used in an office environment where many flourescent lights are on....and it doesn't help that the keyboard area is an off-white color, which reflects in the screen on dark pages/scenes as well.

does anyone know where i can get some type of anti-reflective film or screen protector to lay over the glare screen on my laptop?

ugly how? just because of the fact that they are anti-glare, or are they even more ugly than a standard anti-glare coating on a monitor? if so, anyone know of a place to get a high-quality anti-glare screen protector?

Last edited:
Try privacy filters. They're designed to block people from seeing the screen from the side. Likewise, they should be able to block the light reflecting from the side too.

Downside is that it apparently makes your screen a bit darker.

They do make the screen darker .Ugly because its a add on thing to your monitor it look so wrong

im thinking about getting something like this as well... my eyes are getting quite strained lately and i think it is the glare on my monitor even though it is supposedly anti-glare...

could you make something yourself? what are the films made of?

Privacy filters aren't just tinted film. They're basically several thousand vertical partitions placed next to each other.

You know those venetian blinds you put on windows? When the blinds are open and you're right in front of the window you can see outside. But look at it from an angle, and those individual blinds will overlap and block your view. It's great when you don't want the sun to get in the room without blocking the air flow too much, which is what i think you'd want to do with the overhead lights.

seen these privacy filters at the local VA hospital. Theyre nice but boy they're expensive.

Nevermind. The privacy filter does keep the light from reaching the LCD. But turns out the privacy filter is also shiny. So that kinda negates what we wanted.

Back