Anthem sold bellow expectations, EA blames industry trends...

Try Conan Exiles, set up your own server.

Building, exploring, murder and mayhem.

Hilarious with good friends.

I did, and a week spent scrapping around just to build stone aged shit ain't my thing.

The issue is, you can't enjoy running around exploring a bold new world when you are anchored to a mud hut by the river scrabbling for scraps of shit to craft shit made from scraps. What's worse, the stuff you do make falls apart with use.

If I'm going to go that route I'd rather play SCUM, at least there are zombies to kill for clothing and crap and houses with nice backpacks and guns.

But to each his own.

I played like a couple man-years of Diablo2 just farming uniques and leveling toons. I would still be playing it if I could, with other players because 8 player games are the only real way to play a level 99 Bowzon, just sayin.

I did, and a week spent scrapping around just to build stone aged shit ain't my thing.

The issue is, you can't enjoy running around exploring a bold new world when you are anchored to a mud hut by the river scrabbling for scraps of shit to craft shit made from scraps. What's worse, the stuff you do make falls apart with use.

If I'm going to go that route I'd rather play SCUM, at least there are zombies to kill for clothing and crap and houses with nice backpacks and guns.

But to each his own.

I played like a couple man-years of Diablo2 just farming uniques and leveling toons. I would still be playing it if I could, with other players because 8 player games are the only real way to play a level 99 Bowzon, just sayin.

I hear ya, Conan is a pretty brutal slog but I dig it.

Were all different, I cant stand the current Zombie crop of games at all lol.

Not easy to find a regular go to game anymore, but for me No Man's Sky And Conan Exiles with some Anthem and D3 thrown in seems to keep me relatively well entertained.

I hear ya, Conan is a pretty brutal slog but I dig it.

Were all different, I cant stand the current Zombie crop of games at all lol.

Not easy to find a regular go to game anymore, but for me No Man's Sky And Conan Exiles with some Anthem and D3 thrown in seems to keep me relatively well entertained.

So D3 was always a disappointment to me. D3 did improve greatly from launch, but it's still not the same experience as D2 was for me. I may try Anthem but only if I have friends/family in it with me. If retro D2 comes out I'll try it, but truth is, none of the old revamped games have ever connected for me. The community experience isn't there it seems and that matters. Like I said above, high end D2 isn't cool unless your in games with 7 or 8 players. You don't have to play with them, just let them screw around in the Cow Level or doing Baal Runs while you go farm through endless hoards in the Flayer Jungle or the Arreat Plains. And if a group wipes in the Cow Level and the portal is swamped with cows, that's just an opportunity to clear it and make a bee-line for the Cow King for an 8-player drop of goodies.

But for this to happen, you need a player base. That means the retro game must have battlenet and people have to play again.

I do so miss my tweaked 99 Bowzon, Windforce+ other great gear, a fully leveled Act 2 Merc, a maxed Valkerie with Decoy is sweetness some do not know.

Back